Version 8.1 > Audio files for songs

bcoley
6/3/2015 3:49:53 PM
I don't understand the function of the "audio files" that can be added when editing a song via the song's "Audio Files" tab. I assumed that the audio file would/could serve as the audio track for the song added to a program, but I can't find a way to make that happen. I can't find any mention in the user guide of how to leverage such audio files.

I've imported all of our accompaniment tracks into SSP, and I have successfully added audio files to songs, but I have no idea how to use the audio files I added.

Thanks in advance for your help.

George
6/4/2015 11:31:38 AM
Bill,

The Song audio track is for exactly what you described.  I just checked this in 8.1 and it does work as expected.

When you add a song to the program with an associated audio track, the audio track properties page should pop up along with the others for verse order and properties.  If you have these suppressed in the settings that would explain why you did not see any settings.

If this does not pop up you can open it by right clicking on the song in the program and selecting "Audio Track..." to get the audio properties.  From here you need to make sure the audio track is selected and the Play Audio Track option is set to yes.  If this is the case the audio track will start playing as soon as the song is presented.

This can be set in the song database for specific songs or in the program if you have multiple tracks or versions for a particular song.

Take a look at this again but if you are still having trouble contact the support team and they can do a remote and see what is going on.

bcoley
6/4/2015 11:37:32 AM
I have found the answer to my question.

In case you're like I was and have not found how to incorporate audio files, do this:

1) Go to Settings/Preferences/Program Panel.
2) From the Program Panel options, make sure Yes is checked by the option to "Open the Audio Track Selection Window When Adding Songs With Preset Audio Tracks."
3) Click Save, if you made any Preferences changes.

Now when to a program you add a song to which an audio file has been added, the third of three dialog boxes that will appear is the audio track selection box, where your added audio file will be preselected and you can simply click Save to accept the connection between the song and the audio. In their lower left corners you may deselect the first two dialog boxes from appearing by default when you add a song to a program, but you cannot deselect the audio track selection box from appearing without requiring yourself to manually select the audio file for each newly added song.

bcoley
6/4/2015 11:39:13 AM
Posted By George Taylor on 04 Jun 2015 11:31 AM
Bill,

The Song audio track is for exactly what you described.  I just checked this in 8.1 and it does work as expected.

When you add a song to the program with an associated audio track, the audio track properties page should pop up along with the others for verse order and properties.  If you have these suppressed in the settings that would explain why you did not see any settings.

If this does not pop up you can open it by right clicking on the song in the program and selecting "Audio Track..." to get the audio properties.  From here you need to make sure the audio track is selected and the Play Audio Track option is set to yes.  If this is the case the audio track will start playing as soon as the song is presented.

This can be set in the song database for specific songs or in the program if you have multiple tracks or versions for a particular song.

Take a look at this again but if you are still having trouble contact the support team and they can do a remote and see what is going on.

George, you posted your reply as I was finishing mine! Thank you for attending my issue. I am grateful that I found the same solution as you offered!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙