Version 8.1 > Syncing Countdown Timers

TimothyPaul
6/16/2015 6:12:03 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to sync the countdown timers to the actual computer clock. Twice in the past month I went and visited other churches and their countdown timers were perfectly synced so that exactly when the countdown hit zero it was the service time. Thanks....TP

dreece
6/17/2015 11:32:39 AM
When you refer to countdown timers, you'll need to be more specific. Are you referring to countdown videos, the custom countdown timer builder in SSP, or the countdown time in the Instant Message feature of SSP?

TimothyPaul
6/17/2015 2:34:18 PM
Hi Doug, I'm not particular of which one as long as I can accomplish my goal of having some type of countdown going on in the lobby and campus TV's that are synced to the computer so that when they hit exactly zero, we begin service. I've seen this recently at two other churches.

Thanks .... Tim

dreece
6/18/2015 1:31:40 PM
OK, well the custom timer feature in SSP was enhanced in 8.2 so that you can now set it to countdown to a particular time interval, such as the next whole, half, or quarter hour. Assuming your service starts on one of these intervals, you can use this setting to ensure that it will count down to the correct start time regardless of when you start it. The count down feature of Instant Message has the same capability (and has for quite some time).

deandip
6/22/2015 10:55:06 PM
We have a service that starts at a time that is not in one of those intervals (9:20am). My solution for getting the countdown timer to start exactly 5 minutes before service starts is an Autohotkey script made to press + at exactly 9:15am on the computer's time. The plus makes it advance to our 5 minute countdown timer. Learning how to make the script may take a while, but the possibilities it enables makes it worth learning.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙