Version 5.5 > Export from SongShow slideshow to PowerPoint

fbcsac1
10/2/2005 6:59:45 PM
I am currently using SSP ver 5.5.  Is there a way to export a slideshow build inside of
the SSP environment to a PowerPoint format file?

Thanks much for any input that can be offered
on this matter.

Kevin Richardson
C/O video@fbcsac.org

osborn4
10/3/2005 7:38:41 AM
Nope. None that I know of.'

I imagine you could use some sort of screen capture utility to manually save all the screens in a slide show to jpegs and create a PPT that way.  

But I doubt that's what you were looking for.

fbcsac1
10/4/2005 10:22:09 PM
What I was hoping for was something along the lines of a "save as" function
inside the slidshow builder that would allow me to save the slideshow out
to a "ppt" format file.  It is starting to look like that isn't in the cards.  I am
starting to conclude that if someone has an idea for a slideshow that they
may want to share with others, it might be best to creat the the slideshow
in PowerPoint rather than in SSP.  That way, not only can SSP deliver the
slideshow, but it is in a shareable format to begin with.

I guess I will need to stay up on my PowerPoint skills as well as get
good at SSP.

Kevin Richardson
C/O video@fbcsac.org

osborn4
10/5/2005 10:08:34 AM

Here's a thought. If you could export to PPT, then you could just run the eval version for free to create the show, export to PPT and then run the slide show with the PPT Player, cutting the programmers of SSP out of the income loop.

Also, there are many things that SSP does that PPT doesn't, like the 3d transitions and video backgrounds and such. These could not be exported to PPT.

We still use PPT for our announcement loop and sermon. There's just more people that know it and so can help out with minimal training, as opposed to what it would take to train them all in SSPSS.

So, yes, stay current with your PPT skills. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. But, sometimes a screwdriver is the right tool.

rcgrafix
10/5/2005 1:58:05 PM
I was in a similar situation where I had built a 70 slide slideshow but needed it for use in Powerpoint. Unfortunately no such thing exists. As mentioned before a screen capture would work. That's what i ended up doing (70 times)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙