Version 8.5 > right-justified italics get cut off

sara-t
4/16/2019 12:27:52 PM
If Ii right-justify italicized text, a bit of the last letter disappears.  adding spaces does not help.  How can i correct this?

sara-t
4/16/2019 12:37:52 PM
Ah!  If I uncheck automatic word wrap under slide text layout/spacing, I can then add extra spaces to bring all of the text within the text box.
Not ideal, but it will get me through Sunday.

osborn4
4/18/2019 10:24:04 PM
I've noticed the same issue with italicized text, but have never gotten around to call it in.

George
4/19/2019 11:05:37 AM
Hi Guys.

Good news - I have an answer for you...

Assuming you are using Version 8.5, there are some new text tools in the Slide Builder that will be helpful - in your case the Right Indent setting.

In Slide Builder, select the text box and go to the Text Tools tab.  There you will see 4 numeric spinner controls.  If you hover the mouse over them you will see the titles and the 3rd from the left is the one you want - Right Indent. If you give that a single up tick adding a .1 indent from the right that should resolve your clipping problem for most fonts.   Some fonts have a more pronounced slant to the italics setting so additional indentation may be required but hopefully you get the idea.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

sara-t
4/20/2019 10:09:38 AM
I never knew what those were for. It does work nicely. Thanks!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙