Tips & Tricks > Third monitor

Josh_Powers
7/3/2007 1:57:34 AM
On Our current system, we have two monitors, one for the workstation and one for the current display.

If one were to have three different displays on a computer, Is it possible to have songshow project the "Next" slide on this third monitor?

It really helps if my team knows what a slide is going to look like before they project it.

SongShow has that preview, but it's small.

Thanks!

Lucas
7/3/2007 3:27:26 AM
Unfortunately SSP does not have this capability at this time, however, you can head on over to the Wish List and submit this as a wish
If enough users want this and vote on it,
It would be considered and possibly implemented in future SSP releases.

Lee
7/3/2007 5:22:49 AM

Just a note of clarification - the Wish List item, as I understand it, is for a third monitor display absent the backgrounds with the intent of being used on stage as sort-of a teleprompter for singers.

True, perhaps it could be designed to work either as an on-stage teleprompter or as a control-room preview device, but that is my understanding of the wish at this time.

Rick Everingham
7/3/2007 8:51:07 AM
You can expand the size of the next preview window to be pretty large if you want.

iamgap
7/3/2007 3:23:42 PM
Posted By Rick Everingham on 07/03/2007 8:51 AM
You can expand the size of the next preview window to be pretty large if you want.

But doing this will minimize the other panels that need to be there. If they could make all panels floating, and place them on the grid wherever you want, then this would be an option. IIRC floating panels is a wishlist item.

Rick Everingham
7/10/2007 2:35:21 PM
Posted By iamgap on 07/03/2007 3:23 PM
Posted By Rick Everingham on 07/03/2007 8:51 AM

But doing this will minimize the other panels that need to be there. If they could make all panels floating, and place them on the grid wherever you want, then this would be an option. IIRC floating panels is a wishlist item.

True, but on my 19" monitor I can expand the window to a size that easily lets me view what is next, with plenty of panel above, the preview window doesn't really need to be very large.  I would love floating panels, but gotta work with what have for the time being.

Josh_Powers
7/12/2007 12:31:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

It seems odd that Song Show wouldn't allow that if you had 3 different displays on your system.

George
7/12/2007 9:30:29 AM
Adding a third monitor (Choir) and floating windows are currently both items on the Wish List.  If these are features you would like to see implemented in SSP, go to the Wish List and place your vote on them. 

billiesur315
5/23/2008 7:48:18 PM
hey i'm going to actually try triple monitors on our computer with SSP.

Currently have two PNY GeForce FX 5200 256mb on order.

When i get those in and try it, i'll hope to get to you back ASAP.

bbedard
5/28/2009 10:27:22 AM
The third monitor issue has been released in the current Beta I haven't tried it yet but when I do I will keep you guys posted....

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙