Version 8.1 > Setting up latop without second monitor

gatewaycrc
4/29/2016 12:55:48 PM
Our second projection license has been moved to a laptop.  This laptop does not have a second monitor hooked up to it and I was planning on using as it is and have it project to one of the screens at the front of church.  There is not enough room to add another monitor and it is going to be used mainly for when videos or slideshows are shown on the main screen and something else on the side screens or if there is a play and the actors need words up on the back tv so only they can see it.

I have set up the laptop so that the monitor recognizes the second display.
I have set up songshow through the display to recognize the second display as the projection screen and when I identify it shows a 1 on laptop and 2 on the screen.

Now how to get the projection screen to show what I want it to show when I hit play for song or slideshow?
I have the hdmi cable plugged into the laptop and have no problem using it to show powerpoint or videos.  My issue is trying to get songshow.  

When I asked years ago the answer I was given which worked was 
"That said, I think the key bit that every one is missing is that when you only have a single monitor the default behavior is to embed the display so you can see it .  This is typically done for workstations.  You have to override this behavior by going into the Display Settings (From the tool bar - Display > Change Settings...) and on the Other tab set the embed option to Never to get what you want to work."

When I look for the change settings I can't seem to find it and instead of spending hours frustrating myself I am going to ask the experts!!

Thanks  and hopefully this all makes sense!!  

George
5/2/2016 11:11:30 AM
This would be a great question for the support team.

I encourage you to contact them at your convenience while you are at the laptop and they should be able to get it sorted out for you. 

osborn4
5/6/2016 10:25:29 AM

Make sure you have the projector on and powered up before you start up SSP. that has made all the difference in the times I've been in this situation.

What happens when you hit display and it doesn't show up on the projector? Does it show up in a windows in the SSP control panel?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙