Tips & Tricks > little tip about program priority

tim-bot
7/28/2007 5:26:07 PM
here's a little bat file code that will help song show plus to start up with high priority, it helps to ensure that none of your other programs that you're running mess with the live display B)

CD "C:\SongShow Plus\bin\"
START /High Ssp.exe

just add that text to a text file and save it as something like ssp.bat or somehting and use it to start up song show plus instead of the regular icon. make sure if you've installed ssp to anything other than that location that you change it or you'll get an error....

Steven
7/30/2007 12:24:10 PM
SSP internally already adjusts priority for display. Have you observed any substantial difference by using this alternate method to set priority?

cegarrett
8/6/2007 9:40:05 AM
Is there something like this to do make SSP startup using the 2nd Core of my dual core machine? I find that since i've been using task manager to change SSP affinity to "CPU 1" (2nd Core) nothing else "fights" with SSP and the program seems to run much better. But I have to remember to change it every time I (re)start SSP.

maurer
2/21/2008 1:47:01 AM

I've never thought about changing the affinity.  I just built 3 gig  quad-core system with an evga 8800gtx and 10000rpm hdd.  No startup issues or performance issues.  So far, I've tried to make it crawl to its knees, but songshow is doing very, very well right now.  I'll give affinity selection a whirl, and I'll post if I see different results! No post = no appreciable change.

Oh, and I'm running 32-bit XP. 

God bless,

Kevin Maurer
Redmond Assembly of God

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙