Version 8.2 > Can't activate 8.2 as a workstation!

akins
12/31/2014 9:25:20 AM
Downloaded 8.2 and installed on home Win7 pro PC. No desktop icon is formed nor one on the task bar. When I try to activate
via either (c) free workstation or (d) have received a user ID it tells me that the ID or PW is incorrect and to contact GFM.
Since it is a beta, they have no information about it and suggested this route.

George
1/1/2015 4:21:40 PM
Dick, A couple things here - the "no icon" is expected behavior. Not being able to activate it seems that the user and password is what's incorrect so make sure but you have your full sspid as the user and your zip code as the password troubles with and without the plus 4 on the zip.

akins
1/1/2015 6:14:43 PM
Thanks, George, for the response when you were suppose to be watching football!
The format of the ID is suppose to be 12345-6789 which is what I entered. I tried the
Zip Code with and without the 4 digit extension. Same result. By your suggestion
that I put in the full ID, you don't mean the entire "B" code do you? We don't have
to have any special registration other than the standard yearly payment do we?

dreece
1/2/2015 12:32:47 PM
You may be choosing the wrong option. When you're asked if you have received an Activation Code, did you answer Yes or No? You should answer No. After that, you'll be asked for your organization ID and password. If you are using your zip as the password (without the +4) then you should be able to sign in using that ID.

akins
1/3/2015 8:14:31 AM
That did it, Doug, thanks. That said, I think that the activation process is rather obscure with several seemingly contradicting options. At some time when all the techs are sitting around with nothing to do, they might make some changes at this point. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙