Version 8.0 > Feedback and request

pscsuk
7/4/2013 1:45:28 AM
Now I've got it activated, all I can say is - awesome. (I know it's a preview version, so it's not polished, so I'm allowing for that :-) )

I really like the way you've done multiple outputs.

One feature I wasn't expecting was to be able to have different powerpoint shows on different outputs. That is so cool!

My request is that it would be great if the stage display could be made to display the powerpoint which is being displayed on the source display - either by screen grabbing and mirroring, or by just playing the same ppt on the the stage display output and mirroring the controls. This lack in SSP is one of the things that is discouraging people here from replacing EasyWorship

One minor wish - as I was playing with the Powerpoint support (we can't get people to switch from that to SSB yet), I encountered a problem with a PPT that was downloaded from the internet and was 'blocked'. This essentially caused SSP to lock up when it was displayed, and it needed to be 'end task'ed. I don't know if it's possible, but if SSP could warn when displaying/adding a blocked PPT it would be better.

osborn4
7/4/2013 8:51:21 AM
Yes. That's one of the weaknesses that powerpoints don't show on the stage display.

dreece
7/5/2013 12:49:58 PM
Paul, I was under the impression that Easy Worship doesn't actually play the PowerPoint presentations, but rather, imports the slides. If this is the case, then you can do the same thing with SSP, which is to import the PowerPoint presentation as a SSP slide show, which takes image snap shots of each slide. When you do this, then the slides will show up in the stage monitor.

Joel, the challenge in getting PowerPoint to show up in both outputs is that running two instances of the same PowerPoint presentation can be problematic, especially if it contains auto advance items, or perhaps, embedded video or audio files. Having said that, we may eventually use a similar technique that we presently use to get PowerPoint to go to the DeckLink card so it is something in consideration.

osborn4
7/5/2013 8:09:21 PM
It's really not a biggie for me. I've completely switched to SlideShow Builder and use the import whenever I can. It just works better to not have another layer of Microsoft added into the mix.

And, we don't use the stage monitor yet. 

George
7/8/2013 11:18:13 AM
Posted By Paul Smith on 04 Jul 2013 01:45 AM
Now I've got it activated, all I can say is - awesome. (I know it's a preview version, so it's not polished, so I'm allowing for that :-) )
One minor wish - as I was playing with the Powerpoint support (we can't get people to switch from that to SSB yet), I encountered a problem with a PPT that was downloaded from the internet and was 'blocked'. This essentially caused SSP to lock up when it was displayed, and it needed to be 'end task'ed. I don't know if it's possible, but if SSP could warn when displaying/adding a blocked PPT it would be better.
Paul,
Commenting on your wish portion of your post...

I have not seen this specific behavior in SSP myself but am aware of the "internet blocking" of a variety of file types that occurs in the OS when files are downloaded.  The procedural resolution to this would be to have your team "unblock" these files when they download them before using them in SSP.  They can easily do this by right-clicking on the file and clicking the "unblock" button (assuming they trust the source) on the properties page.

Even if we were able to detect this state it is unlikely that we could remove the block on the fly.

Additional curiosity - Does this also happen in SSP 7?

I will have to take a look at this...

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙