Version 8.0 > SSP 8 Error Code in Windows 8

matt.bohannon
7/5/2013 7:09:26 PM

Will not start in Windows 8 Professional

George
7/8/2013 10:58:02 AM
Interesting....

I have this installed on several Win 8 systems and it seems to work as expected.

Is this the first install of SSP 8?

Which build of SSP 8 are you installing?

Does this error occur during installation or when launching after installation?

Do you have SSP 7 installed as well?

Let me know some additional details and we can take a look at this.

matt.bohannon
7/8/2013 4:43:10 PM
I have SSP 7 Pro installed and installed on Windows 8 Pro. Whatever build in is your download bin is what I installed. It bombs as soon as you click on it and it opens up. It then closes and displays the code above. I have ran the troubleshoot settings and no help. I am going to uninstall it and reinstall.

Matt

matt.bohannon
7/8/2013 4:56:11 PM
It is the build 7/1/2013 and the uninstall and reinstall did not work. Same error code.

George
7/9/2013 12:31:26 PM
Thanks for the info Matt.

So I understand - You started with Win 8 Pro clean installation and installed SSP Version 7 (what build?) and it worked as expected.
Then you downloaded the current SSP 8 build (7/1) and got the runtime error when trying to launch the installer - correct? I am assuming that no installer screens came up before the error message - correct?

What hardware are you running? 64 bit Win 8?

Once confirmed I can try a couple of new clean install scenarios and see what happens.

If you have time we may do a remote to take a look at your system.  I will contact you directly for that...

matt.bohannon
7/9/2013 6:26:57 PM
George

I have had Windows 8 Pro installed for a year. I have Software Assurance license with Microsoft and upgraded a few machines to Windows 8. This is not my main projection machine, just the IT laptop. Brian Graves can give you our license info if needed. I did an upgrade a year ago or so from Windows 7 Pro, SSP 7 was already installed. SSP 7 has a few issues in Windows 8, one of the most noticeable is the lack of vimeo support. Last Saturday, I decided to install SSP8 on the Windows 8 laptop and when you open the app, you get the error above. Yesterday, I uninstalled SSP8 and reinstalled and had the same problem.

CPU i5 2.4 gHz
8 GB RAM
500GB 7200 RPM drive

Matt

George
7/10/2013 2:31:38 PM
Matt,
Thanks for the info - is your Win8 install 32 bit or 64 bit?

Also - still trying to clarify the fail point.  Initially you seemed to be indicating that the error was occurring when running the SSP 8 installer but now it appears that you were able to successfully install SSP 8 but the error occurs when you try to launch SSP 8 - is that correct?

Please confirm these two points and then I can figure out where to go from there...

matt.bohannon
7/13/2013 10:14:28 AM
64 bit

correct

George
8/12/2013 10:50:25 AM
I have no new info on this but we did post a new build on Friday.  Please give the 8/8/13 build a try and see if the behavior changes.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙