Version 8.0 > Display and adding to programs

iamgap
7/6/2013 9:50:49 AM

First off, this may be a windows 7 issue, but no matter how I connect my displays, windows 7 will make the smaller monitor display one. Again, no matter what head it is connected to. I even re-installed windows once with only the larger display connected. Once I connected the smaller display, wammo boomo, the smaller display is #1. :(

Now, how does that impact v8? It was a struggle to get the control display to move to my primary monitor. It stayed on "display 1" (over the top of the projected display), even though I set it to "display 2". I finally figured out that I had to manually move it to "display 2" and close and reopen SSP to get it to open there. And now the most frustrating part. SSB absolutely refuses to open on "display 2", no matter where I close it. It will only open on the projected display.

I cannot add anything to the program list, well, sortof. If I add something, the please wait alert display, and nothing happens. If I close SSP, it asks me to save the program, even though nothing is in it. I can only display songs. If I click the "play" arrow on anything else, nothing happens.

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

iamgap
7/6/2013 10:33:12 AM
While trying to create a SSB, I first get this Alert
1. Alert
Unexpected error occurred when rendering slide object tSlideTextRenderer2. Message: Access violation at address 0D16E0E4 in module 'ssp15.dll'. Read of address 00000014Contact technical support.

After adding a background image, and clicking the Margins tab, I get a Range Check Error. I get a Range Check Error again when I reduce the tab size to 0.1, and again when I click the Finish button. I am not prompted for a location to save the file, and then I lose all the work done on the Text Slide Builder.

iamgap
7/6/2013 10:48:47 AM
I almost forgot. The "Diplay Monitor" panel refuses to stay turned off. When I close it, and close SSP, it appears the next time I open SSP.

I upgraded to a projection license that is currently unused, and was able to add and play a previously created SSB, but trying to add a second one produced the following Alert. After that Alert, the program list was cleared.
1. Alert
An unexpected error occurred. Please contact technical support if this problem continues.

George
7/8/2013 11:34:34 AM
Gary,
It seems that you have a few things going on here....

Is this a clean SSP 8 installation or are you doing a side by side installation with SSP 7?

Did you install the latest build (7/1)?

Had you previously adjusted the slide properties before trying SSB and adding things to the program?
Try resetting these by selecting Slide Properties > General Use... > Load From... > Factory Properties Files > Default Slide Properties for General Use, then applying and closing SSP then reopen and try again.  There may be a property selected that is causing issues.

I will look into these others and let you know.  Perhaps we may need to get together to look at this...

iamgap
7/9/2013 3:52:52 PM
Yes, 7/1. Yes, installed with both versions.

I will also have to relearn how to apply background images in SSB. Right now I can only add an image by switching to Basic. I then have to switch back to Advanced to finish tweaking. I will check the Slide Properties and get back to you.

iamgap
7/9/2013 4:03:57 PM

NoGo after Slide Properties > General Use... > Load From... > Factory Properties Files > Default Slide Properties for General Use, then applying and closing SSP then reopen and try again. SSP still crashes after adding a second SSB to a program. I also still get a Range Check Error after trying to add a background image and then clicking Next.

George
7/10/2013 2:15:09 PM
Just to eliminate the slides shows as the culprit...

I assume you are you using some of your content for this.

Please build a few simple slideshows with one text slide each with all default settings and see if you get the same behavior.

I think we will want to look at this...

iamgap
7/10/2013 4:44:07 PM

I'll try when I get home. I'll also open SSB, and then try to build from there also. The "Create, Import, Copy from..." option is what has failed so far.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙