Tips & Tricks > Word, Ruler and Slide clone

jgarcia
5/6/2008 11:37:30 AM

My wish list consist of import of word documents into Songshow Builder.

This would save time on retype or major reformatting of Pastor's notes. This CTRL N feature is nice but I believe this would be faster, just do some simple formatting then your done. Also no matter how you train secretaries or volunteers to format notes, it wont always look consistent.

I would like to see a ruler horizontally and vertically to adjust text boxes, pictures or objects precisely.

When cloning slides in Songshow Builder, current format of cloning is confusing.

Slide 1
clone
Slide 1 (2)
clone
Slide 1 (2) (2)
clone
Slide 1 (2) (2) (2)

Having to rename 10 slide or more is frustrating. 

My method is as follows
Slide 1
Slide 2A
Slide 2B
Slide 3A
Slide 3B
Slide 3C
Slide 4A
ect.

Any thoughts

osborn4
5/6/2008 12:03:00 PM
I can't find it now, but I believe R-Technics has promised to fix the cloned slide naming problem in the next release. But I may be misremembering. I just found a post where they suggested that we put it in the wish list.

I do know that there will be a new Text Slides builder. And if you read through the comments, you'll see that Doug is promising, "I think that you'll find that the new Text Slides Builder will be very convenient for building multiple slides from a single source of text" when I asked specifically about converting Word documents to Slide Shows.

If you have machine to try the beta on, you may want to download it and give it a try. I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

iamgap
5/6/2008 6:28:15 PM

I have, and SSB names the cloned slides as it did previously. Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3, etc.

The exit animations are cool, and will allow you to put multiple text boxes on the same slide. For kicks I created a slideshow for the 9 verses in the pastors last sermon. I then created sequential enter and exit animations and pasted the text boxes all on one slide. Yep, nine layers of text boxes that looked like jibberish in the SSBuilder. When it was played, it ran one text box at a time. Pretty cool stuff.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙