Version 5.5 > Running 2 diff. versions of SSP

nusyo
10/25/2005 12:24:26 PM

ok, I am running SSP 5.5 (latest) on the projection machine, and I would like to test SSP7 on the same machine. Due to windows issues, I am gonna reinstall xp & SSP 5.5, so if I install SSP7 into another directory (both, files and user data), would the 2 version of SSP bump into eachother (I am thinking windows registry addresses etc ... would both versions access the same registry?)

iamgap
10/25/2005 1:13:10 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot install both versions at the same time on one machine.

I  have also discovered that if you install 7.0 as a test, and then revert back to 5.5, the GUI still looks like the 7.0 version. Those version 7.0 features will not work, even though the panels remain.

I have the luxury of cloning the HDD, and then upgrading the cloned HDD to version 7.0. Now whenever I start up the PC, I just modify the BIOS to only use the HDD that has the version I want to use.

gap

nusyo
10/26/2005 1:35:40 AM
hmm ok I was afraid of that ..... but what if I create 2 users for xp ..... would that do the trick? ... or lets say I install them on different partitions ... (but that will be equal to having them installed on diff folders)

David
10/26/2005 9:53:29 AM
Currently there isn't any way to run two versions on the same system.  Installing on different drives or for different users won't work. 

It's an all or nothing kind of thing I'm afraid. 

dreece
10/26/2005 2:59:24 PM
Posted By nusyo on 10/26/2005 1:35 AM
hmm ok I was afraid of that ..... but what if I create 2 users for xp ..... would that do the trick? ... or lets say I install them on different partitions ... (but that will be equal to having them installed on diff folders)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙