Version 8.5 > Slides fill half screen question

HildaC
12/5/2019 10:06:02 AM
During the sermon we have sermon slides that show up on the screen when indicated in the sermon.  Our video people are not as good at timing and when they switch to show the sermon slide they don't always switch back to the pastor.  Those that are watching on live stream are stuck listening to the pastor preach but looking at a sermon slide. 

The pastor asked if it was possible for the sermon slides to fill up half the screen so when they are put up the top half of the pastor is still visible.  I told him I thought that was something for the video people to figure out but wanted to ask here just in case.  I am not looking forward to making my screen smaller because the video people need more training - said in a nice way.

Any thoughts on this?

iamgap
12/9/2019 5:33:31 PM
I'd have to play with the settings, which is at the church, but I think there is a way to set the margins for slideshows. That would be the first place I would look.

George
12/10/2019 10:21:00 AM
Hi Hilda,

There are actually a number of ways to do this.

Several would involve changing the size of the display area is SSP but others would allow full screen with live video background.  You may even want fully supported text over live video via the DeckLink solution.  It really all depends on what the final result is that you want.

If you really want to keep the same setup it seems it may be about educating your operators, but if you are really looking for a different setup then I suggest you (or your video people) contact the support team and let them know what they want as a result and they can help to set it up.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙