Tips & Tricks > Web Video

spiderman
7/22/2008 10:02:03 PM
How do I bring in YouTube Videos so I can show them on the fly when pastor asks for it?

osborn4
7/23/2008 6:38:08 AM
I've heard you can use Vixy.net to save a YouTube to an AVI format that SSP will play.

Others, I have heard, use a video downloader with Firefox, probably either Magic's Vidoe - Downloader or Fast Video Download to save the FLV. Then you need to make sure and have the SSP's flash module installed and you should be able to play them.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried either of these. There are quality and copyright issues that surround YouTube videos and I just try to stay away from.

cegarrett
7/23/2008 11:12:36 AM
you should also vote for this http://www.ssplash.com/Forums/tabid/76/forumid/24/postid/13541/view/topic/Default.aspx

Wish (when it's available)

twj
7/23/2008 9:03:03 PM
Firefox has a plugin called Download Helper that will save any flv for you. I had to change the flv extension to mpg to get SSP to play them but it does work.

osborn4
7/24/2008 7:25:12 AM
Posted By twj on 07/23/2008 9:03 PM
Firefox has a plugin called Download Helper that will save any flv for you. I had to change the flv extension to mpg to get SSP to play them but it does work.
I found it! In the addon list, it's called Video DownloadHelper.

Is that the one?

twj
7/24/2008 9:50:32 PM
Yeah, that's it. It's so easy to use you'll wonder haow you got by without it. It actually lets you know whenever it sees that it can download sonething on the page you are viewing. A couple clicks later and the video is on your pc where you want it.

steephollow
7/27/2008 4:46:19 PM
I can't seem to get this to work. It will not play the output files. Is there something I'm missing here? Did you just use the default settings for the conversion?

twj
7/27/2008 7:56:21 PM
Can you play the saved file in Windows Media Player? If you can then SSP should play it if you change the extension. I have had success by changing the .flv to .mpg. If you can't then you probably don't have the right codec. Do you have the K-Lite Codec Pack? It's free. http://www.k-litecodecpack.com

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙