Version 8.5 > PowerPoint

Loreal1965
1/9/2020 10:30:57 AM
Hello,

I have someone who wants to revamp our announcement slides and he is using PowerPoint to do this.

What is the best way to do this?
Would I edit the slide and copy PowerPoint Presentation Slide, since not all of our announcement slides will be replaced.   

I am not proficient in PowerPoint.

My other question is how would this be done for any slides that are in the quick list?     (I have no idea how to place slides in the quick list....)

Thank you in advance,

Laurie

iamgap
1/10/2020 12:46:16 PM
For consistency, I would highly recommend giving them a brie course on SSB and having them use that. SSP can be installed on as many computers as you want, in workstation mode. It does require an activation, but there is no cost outside of the license you have already purchased.

If they don't want to learn SSB, then you can only import PPT as static images (JPG or BMP, I believe) as a Slide Show. You would then use the Merge feature to merge the slide in with your current slide show. All transitions from PPT would be lost.

I don't use the quick list, so hopefully someone that does can chime in for those.

gap

Loreal1965
1/11/2020 3:52:29 PM
Thank you.

I will pass this information on.
I know some of the slides he has created are animated.....

Thanks,

Laurie

yehoshua
1/11/2020 3:56:47 PM
The animated slides could be expected as WMV, then put in SSB as a video slide.

Loreal1965
1/12/2020 4:56:50 AM
Thanks!

George
1/15/2020 11:41:21 AM
To add to this...

Yes - I would also recommend them using SSB to create/edit.

If they insist on using PPT, the finished PPT product can be converted to a WMV video in SSP by using the PPT import option.  This would be done from the Video media tab:
  • Create/Acquire > Microsoft PowerPoint Importer
  • Select your PPT
  • Set Video Options (matching the output target is prudent here)
  • Import

The result will be a WMV video of the PPT file that can be used in a program.

iamgap
1/17/2020 8:41:01 PM
Posted By George Taylor on 15 Jan 2020 11:41 AM
To add to this...

Yes - I would also recommend them using SSB to create/edit.

If they insist on using PPT, the finished PPT product can be converted to a WMV video in SSP by using the PPT import option.  This would be done from the Video media tab:
  • Create/Acquire > Microsoft PowerPoint Importer
  • Select your PPT
  • Set Video Options (matching the output target is prudent here)
  • Import

The result will be a WMV video of the PPT file that can be used in a program.

This is great info.

Will this potentially cause the lock-up/hang issue that is affecting 1809 and newer OS?

gap

Loreal1965
1/19/2020 4:28:16 AM
Thank you!!!!

George
1/20/2020 8:35:53 AM
Gary,

Regarding your question about the post 1809 WMV video issues - possibly.

That issue was only encountered when multiple high res (1920) videos were used so if this is created in the importer at less than 1920 then probably not.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙