Version 5.5 > How to add break in verse

denniston
11/4/2005 9:47:48 AM
I am working on our SSP 5.5, and am trying to break a verse across two screens, I did the ctrl + enter as it says to do, but all it does is add a funny character, and doesn't change the way the song looks, am I missing something...thanks.

Jason
Fairmount, IN

osborn4
11/4/2005 10:53:50 AM
In the display properties, you need to change it to show a page at a time, rather than a verse at a time.

Lee
11/4/2005 11:24:49 AM
Right - and that would be to right-click on the song, select Edit Display Properties, check and click Song Layout, then the Lyrics tab. Note the drop-down list on the bottom of the dialog. In there you will find the page-by-page choice.

That "funny character" is the standard symbol for Paragraph.

cwstech
11/27/2005 8:17:07 AM
Once you have changed your settings in display properties, what do you do within your actual song to make a page break? Is there a hot key or something else that I am missing?

iamgap
11/27/2005 8:21:31 AM

Edit the song

Select the lyrics tab

at the end of the last line to be displayed, put a page break (Ctrl+ENTER)

gap

EDIT: I had brackets around enter, and it made it (view source to see the magic).

osborn4
11/27/2005 12:55:43 PM
Posted By iamgap on 11/27/2005 8:21 AM

Edit the song

Select the lyrics tab

at the end of the last line to be displayed, put a page break (Ctrl+)

I think you meant to put a Cntl Enter at the end of the lines where you want the break.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙