Version 8.0 > Feature Request: Instant Message in Mobile Control

sbinder
9/6/2013 10:18:24 AM
We've started using Instant Message (in a very small container in a corner of the screen) to display page numbers during our services. The response has been very positive, and I imagine this is a feature that many congregations would find useful. But it would be even more useful if we could update our page numbers remotely with an iPad or mobile device during the service. 

If it's possible, I would love to see an "Instant Message" option available in Mobile Control that would allow users to change the message, and show/hide the instant message. 

Thanks,
Stuart

osborn4
9/6/2013 4:18:49 PM
You could put the page numbers in the reference field in your songs and use the song display properties to show that field on the screen.

Then, you'd be storing the page number in the song database and wouldn't have to look it up and show it on the fly.

Just a thought.

akins
9/7/2013 1:38:22 PM
Probably 1/3 of our songs are in the hymnal and, for those that are, I simply put the page number in with the title, e.g.
"O Worship the King" -- 16 in hymnal. Since I put the title first on a separate slide, it works well and isn't obscure.
This would work even better we had some control on the formatting of the title (a wish probably long forgotten).

dreece
9/7/2013 2:55:59 PM
The reference field Joel mentioned exists for things like that so give that some thought. Dick's suggestion is also a good one and is often used. However, I do like the idea of remote control for Instant Message.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙