Version 5.5 > all verses of all songs in one window???

psaulm119
11/13/2005 3:49:40 PM
I am trying out the SongShowPlus demo version--heard good things about it. My greatest concern for such a program is that I have one window that has every stanza for every song in the current "program" in the view. The worship team is rather spontaneous, and I really don't know which song they will sing (from among the ones they have given me); nor do I always know if they will start singing the first verse, the chorus, or a bridge. So again, its vitally important for me to have one single window where I can see every stanza in every song, and then select the frames from that window. Currently our church is using SongBase, and although the progam is buggy, it does have this function. Is there any such function with SSP?

I was told in another forum about using the Expand All function in the Program window.  That is ok, but the problem is that that Program window is about 2" x 5".  I'd like something that covers the entire screen of the monitor, so I can see every verse in every song in one fell swoop. 

osborn4
11/13/2005 5:56:07 PM

About how many songs might you want expanded on the screen at one time?

twj
11/13/2005 6:11:30 PM
If you don't need the Cue, Next or Current displays you can remove them and open the entire right side of the display for your program.  Is that enough space for you?

psaulm119
11/13/2005 7:37:16 PM
I would like to have up to 8 or 9.  That is (occasionally) how many songs I need to line up for the worship session.  I believe that our current program (SongBase) allows me to see a good 5 if not 6 songs (with all their stanzas), without having to scroll up or down at all.  Having to scroll to go through an individual verse, for each song, would take more time than I'd like to take.

psaulm119
11/13/2005 7:44:31 PM
Tom, thanks for the suggestion. I did that (as well as pushed the Display Practice Mode window down as far as possible, but still all I could get at one time was most of one song.  Although I'm sure this can be turned off, the flashing between grey and black font of the lyrics didn't help.  Hey the search function is incredible, eons past SongBase's search.  Like our worship pastor told me, in tehse programs some will have certain strengths, others will be better in other areas. 

Rod
11/13/2005 8:45:59 PM

What size monitor and resolution are you running for your control monitor,

I am fortunate to be using 19" LCD and have the control window set to the Maximum resolution. (1024 x 1280 or somthing higher I think)

This also helps in giving alot more real estate to view.

Rod

psaulm119
11/13/2005 9:33:30 PM
Rod, I'm typing this from home right now, but the monitor would have to be a17", if not 19".

Rod
11/13/2005 11:58:30 PM

CRT or LCD..??
 Doesnt really matter. maybe try upping the resolution, on the control monitor, if your video card will let you..

Rod

osborn4
11/14/2005 5:16:29 AM
Of course, you won't have the practice mode window on when you are projecting, rather than practicing.

I'm thinking about our layout, running at 1024x768, and I'm sure we could get 4 if not 5-6 songs fully expanded on the screen.

Could you attach a screen shot? Maybe we could get a better idea of what could be adjusted.

Moderators, is there a way to upload attachements? Now that I've made this brilliant suggestion  I'm not seeing a way to do that.

psaulm119
11/14/2005 7:08:06 PM
No biggie with the lack of attaching files.  Here's a link.

Before you access that file, however, you will have to sign my EULA whereby you promise not to hack into any of my sensitive financial information that I have posted online there.  Nor will you surf through the blueprints to Fort Knox that I have on my webpages.

AGREE                  DISAGREE

iamgap
11/14/2005 7:37:01 PM

I like the agree/disagree. But yahoo??? why not just back to the main forum?

I gree with Osborn, take it out of practice mode. Doing so will still allow you to see the disply. It just over-writes the control screen. When you need to get back to the control screen, you just hit the Esc key.

You also seem to have a lot of wasted spaces (blank lines) that if eliminated, would show more of the songs. Have you tried moving the divider between the panels to see if it changes the amount of lines used in the song panel?

gap

dreece
11/14/2005 9:58:56 PM
I'm wondering why there are so many blank lines in the song text.

Rod
11/14/2005 11:01:54 PM
Yeah,
any reason for all the blank lines in the verses??

psaulm119
11/14/2005 11:11:54 PM
I got rid of the practice screen.  See my new screenshot.  The blank lines are I believe b/c I created that song and mistakenly typed in all 3 verses as one verse.  However, removing these factors (I even pushed the left-hand window over almost all the way) didn't give me that much more space.  As you can see in my new screenshot, eliminating those empty lines (with a song that was part of teh default set of songs) still gives me four verses of one song. 

I believe someone told me that they can fit four songs in. That may or may not be as much as we can get in Songbase, but that would be enough, given SSP other strengths (the search--I loved it).  How do I get 4 songs to show their stanzas at once?

New screenshot

OK guys I'm going to bed. THank you so much for your time. You guys are great.  We'll continue this later on this week.

Blessings,

Paul

osborn4
11/15/2005 7:44:43 AM
When we expand our verses in the program, we only get the first line of each. So that's what I've been picturing. Is there a option that changes that?

Would just first lines of the verses/choruses/etc be enough, if we can get your display switched to that?

iamgap
11/15/2005 3:15:56 PM

psaulm119
11/15/2005 6:37:23 PM
Hmm well I would definitely want to try that out for a Sunday, before committing to buy the program.  It probably would, but I can't say for sure till I give it a test drive in a real-time setting.

At any rate, how would this be set up?  I assume you mean, every song and every stanza, with the first line showing at once?

iamgap
11/15/2005 8:00:10 PM
Posted By iamgap on 11/15/2005 3:15 PM
Try this.

gap
In case I didn't make it obvious enough.

In the program panel... Click the third icon on the right (the one I highlighted in yellow) and uncheck full text. In my example I selected only the Verse Sequence so I could see in what order a song is programmed to display.

Just click Try this for my example.

gap

psaulm119
11/15/2005 9:35:31 PM
Hmmmmm well gap, here goes, but its barely acceptable. I got the first line only of all the stanzas of three songs.  Its just more clicking than I'm used to, when for a few brief seconds during a service, I really need everything laid out just right so I can find what verse of what song they are doing now.  I'm assuming that this is the best its going to get in SSP. Like I said, I can take this for a test drive some Sunday and see what its like.  Thanks for your time.

Just like gap

Lee
11/16/2005 8:05:12 AM
Posted By psaulm119 on 11/15/2005 9:35 PM
...Its just more clicking than I'm used to, when for a few brief seconds during a service, I really need everything laid out just right so I can find what verse of what song they are doing now.  I'm assuming that this is the best its going to get in SSP...

You have a very unusual requirement. It sounds as of you have to react to musicians, which suggests to me that first, the musicians start doing a particular verse/chorus of a song, you have to hear it, then react to it, then find it on your screen, and then finally click something to display it. And what about the order - if you don't know where they are going to start a song, how to you know the subsequent sequence? Is this right? Doesn't that mean you are almost always 1-2 or more seconds behind the musicians?

And yes, SSP itself isn't going to display that much simultaneous information for you (even though its program window can be much larger than 2x5"). I suppose one could open up notebook, paste in the 6 or 8 songs, and use a size 6-7 font. Doing so also permits dragging the window out of the way.

psaulm119
11/16/2005 4:57:09 PM
"open up notebook"

How would I do that?  I couldn't find anything like that in the help section.

psaulm119
11/16/2005 6:38:07 PM
Rod requested that I post a screenshot of his setup.  Here it is.

Rod
11/16/2005 11:06:14 PM
Paul  Thanks for posting the screen shot.

alot of the conferences we do, require us to operate on the fly, especially during "ministry times" etc. (often songs we have never heard before)

The way we get around this is to set our program up as a "short list" for the conference.
IE. Put all video files, images, slide shows and songs into the program, (arrange them roughly into order for what we know) then operate from the program panel.

I like to turn the Database search panels off, (one button) leaving the Program inspector and Program panel open. This allows us to quickly skip between songs etc if needed. iF I need to find a "new song" or "scripture" etc. I just turn the search panels back on (one button) find it, display it or add it.. then turn them off again

I have upped our Control screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 to fit more of the panels in,

Just thought this might give you some ideas..

Rod

Lee
11/17/2005 6:02:02 AM
Posted By psaulm119 on 11/16/2005 4:57 PM
"open up notebook"

How would I do that?  I couldn't find anything like that in the help section.

Sorry - I was thinking of Microsoft's Notepad under Start > All Programs > Accessories.

I've never had to operate in the mode you have to, and I wondered whether Notepad would be of any use to you in this scenario ...

osborn4
11/18/2005 8:13:51 AM
I saw something at Best Buy last night and thought of this situation. They had a computer set up with 2 20" wide format flat panel displays. But the displays were oriented to be tall, rather than wide.

If you could afford a wide format display that could be turned vertically like this, you could get quite a program list expanded before having to scroll.

It's worth dreaming about, anyway.

dreece
11/18/2005 5:29:37 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 11/18/2005 8:13 AM
They had a computer set up with 2 20" wide format flat panel displays. But the displays were oriented to be tall, rather than wide.

Actually, a number of LCD monitors support portrait mode.  It's worth considering.

jlowery
12/4/2005 5:14:27 AM

Comments edited by moderator thread is locked.

Be Blessed

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙