Version 8.0 > Slide Show Builder

sara-t
9/11/2013 8:38:38 PM

I have messed around for a few hours with the 9/5/2013 build of SSB.

Good things:

1. The preview works better, showing a more realistic preview.
  2. I like the new paragraph-by-paragraph option for text animation.  It will help with sermon notes.
  3. I like the fact that a new slide show defaults totally to the global slide properties.
  4. Love the layered backgrounds! 
  5. Fill in the blank animation looks better than I expected.  Particularly with white text, and drop shadows, the underline nearly disappears.  Multiple blanks on the same page fill in order nicely.
  6. Having more text types will be very useful to us for psalters and responsive readings.
  7. I like snap to grid and adjustable grid.
  8. Much better color tool!

Little niggling glitches: 

1. An "unexpected error" alert shows up when I open SSB, but it still seems to work well.  I mentioned it before, and you seem to know about it.
  2. In Slide Transitions, I was messing around with custom sparkle settings.  When I did, I could no longer access Preview, or change transition.  I had to get out of transitions and go back in.
  3. In text fills, I couldn't get Video or Physics to work.  Maybe due to the limits of my sandbox computer?
  4. I had two identical slides.  Each had a full width text box a little over half the slide height.  I entered text at size 84.  Both slides display correctly.  However, the text sized through Text Contents appears in the Media Control much larger than it displays.  Text sized through

Properties appears correctly in the Media Control window.
  5. An applied stroke did not appear in the editing window, but did appear in Preview, Media Control and display.
  6. Exact position indicator will be useful, but is obscured by the corner handles when the object is the full width or height of the screen. 

Overall SSB is working just fine for me.  I could start using it tomorrow.  Nice job!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙