Version 8.2 > different layouts is good, but

wotz
6/17/2015 1:43:42 AM
I would like further control. I would like to have the program panel use the full height of the screen, so I don't have to scroll down during the service, but the media control panel has to go above it. The media control panel would ideally use the left hand side of the screen while presenting.

dreece
6/17/2015 11:23:34 AM
Unless I'm missing something, you can do this now.

iamgap
6/17/2015 4:40:14 PM
Posted By Alister Russ on 17 Jun 2015 01:43 AM

I would like further control. I would like to have the program panel use the full height of the screen, so I don't have to scroll down during the service, but the media control panel has to go above it. The media control panel would ideally use the left hand side of the screen while presenting.

I have been doing this since floating panels became available. This is how my practice machine looks.

wotz
6/19/2015 12:51:37 AM
Please tell me the secret to doing this. I find that everything wants to be in horizontal bands. I try dragging them around but can't make it work.

George
6/22/2015 9:28:18 AM
The trick in this case will be to get the Program Panel by itself.  Once you have that you should be able to rearrange the others as you like.

Try this - Since you have multiple layouts available now I suggest the following:

Start by selecting Layout 3 from the Layout menu.
Select Layout again and choose Default Panel arrangement to get to a common start point.
Make sure that all the panels that you want to use are visible.
Select the Program Panel and make it larger by adjusting the top and bottom but be careful not to make it too big at this stage since it may cover the other panels.
Now click the gray headers of the panels that are NOT the Program Panel and drag them to the center of the left side.  At this point the order does not matter but when these move over the Program Panel will expand vertically to take up the whole right side.
Once this is done you can drag the others around on the left side and re-size as needed.

After you get it how you like it, if you want it to be your primary layout you can go back to the Layout menu and select the Copy To > Layout 1 option to make it load on startup.

Hope this helps.

wotz
7/3/2015 7:23:44 PM
I had a play a couple of days ago, and just about got it how I want it.I just need to make the improvement panel go where I want.

George
7/6/2015 11:06:35 AM
Glad to hear this is working for you.

osborn4
7/13/2015 11:33:51 AM
Now if we could just get it to remember this when you upgrade.

George
7/13/2015 12:41:09 PM
Joel,

Could you elaborate on this?

As I recall there was a change made a little while back that will preserve these settings when updating.  What, specifically, did you experience and when?

osborn4
7/14/2015 11:09:23 AM
It did not remember that I had the inspector panel on for both data and program and that I wanted them in horizontal mode.

It did not remember my preferred size in the media control panel or my preferred size of the media control panel

osborn4
7/14/2015 11:14:20 AM
Sorry about that. Evidently my tablet remember all the pushes of the submit button while it appeared to be hung. 8-/

George
7/14/2015 12:16:26 PM
No Problem - removed the duplicate posts.....

On your issue can you give me some additional info:

What version/build did you upgrade from and to?

You noted a few specific items - Were there some aspects of your configuration (position/orientation/selection) that were preserved or did it return you to a default config after the update? 

If it is the former then perhaps there are some portions that are being missed.  

If you had a before/after screen shot that you could send me, that would be awesome.

osborn4
7/14/2015 7:13:53 PM
We were up to date on 8.1 and installed the July 6 8.2

Looked like it was at defaults.

Sorry. No screen shots.

George
7/15/2015 9:06:53 AM
OK - Interesting....

Let me double check and make sure I am not thinking of something else but I am pretty sure the layout should be saved during an update.

I will let you know what I find.

osborn4
7/15/2015 10:31:57 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with our "not being an admin" thing. I installed as admin and ran once to register. Then I signed on as our user account and that's when I noticed. I can't remember if the layout under the administrator account was reset or not. Maybe I could check that.

And I can't remember how it went on my laptop, where I run as an admin account generally.

George
7/15/2015 11:54:00 AM
That is a great point - please check that....

Almost all of the settings are saved per user.

Also - there is no need to run as admin for installs/updates if you are running Win7 or later...

osborn4
7/17/2015 5:22:52 PM
OK. good to know.

I checked the layout under admin and we had never set it up under 8.1, so there was nothing to migrate to 8.2, it was the default.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙