Tips & Tricks > Matrox TripleHead2Go

twj
2/6/2009 5:21:06 PM
I am intrigued with the Matrox Dual or TripleHead2Go.  Can I use to display an SSP song on left and right projectors and a different video (maybe from PowerPoint) on a center projector?  Could I make SSP display across all 3 projectors on some songs and only one or two projectors on others. 

It seems that some awesome posibillities may be available here.  Or am I over doing it?

iamgap
2/6/2009 7:02:19 PM

I am not sure about this card, but Matrox cards haven't been supported by SSP for quite some time. Apparently they process motion video differently than NVIDIA and ATI. IIRC, they are more for semi-static 3D than they are for dynamic 3D.

twj
2/6/2009 8:44:11 PM
This device is added to the output of your existing video card to be able to split the signal across 2 or 3 projectors. dreece said over on churchmedia.net that it works but I am trying to figure out what its capabilities are.

dreece
2/6/2009 11:27:51 PM
It would be a fairly simple matter to place song lyrics on a center projector while stretching background across three projectors. The other ideas you present are also doable through the clever and careful building of slide shows. When using the TripleHead2Go, SSP will see the display output as one very wide monitor. There is not presently the capability to send independent presentations to the three monitors using the Matrox device.

Lucas
2/8/2009 3:28:43 PM
I have thought about this, and will be using it in about 2 weeks for a presentation.

I'm gonna have SSP outputting to a triplehead2go, with the Margains centering the text on the middle screen, same with videos etc.

I'll get some pics up.

Lucas
2/8/2009 3:30:18 PM
1 more thing.

You need to make sure your computer can handle the output resolution.
It can get very messy very quickly.

George
2/9/2009 8:51:19 AM
There is a KB article that covers what we have tested on the DualHead model that can be found HERE
Hope this helps...

twj
3/8/2009 9:36:06 AM
Hey Lucas, did you do the show? How did it go?

Lucas
3/10/2009 2:05:28 PM
Sorry, I decided not to go ahead due to a limited budget.
I would have had to source this device from the states, and our $ crashed almost right on cue.

tuckersound
8/3/2009 8:43:42 PM
We used it on Easter and for a few months afterwords (till we had to give the additional scalers back)... Works great!!!

When a background is applied to anything it stretches across three outputs - this includes the built in countdowns which is pretty cool...  We can take our sermon series graphic, apply it as a background to a SSP timer that we "tinkered" with to make the font/color match and viola(!) giant sermon series background with a timer on the bottom right of the third screen.

When you play regular videos and stills (not loops, sermon illustrations with audio, etc) it defaults to the center output.  To cope with that we use this loop (as a loop and a still) and re-color it to be a bit more subtle and now we have a border that fills the other screens up with video instead of black.

To get a loop, still, or video (with no audio) to be full screen - we made a .png file of a pixel of black (I am not joking) and apply whatever I want as the background and it will fill the screen...  (the catch is that you probably have to right click and make a comment as to what the item is or it will simply show up as "black.png" on your program).

The Matrox box works really well - If song show would show a little more marketing towards the whole multi-screen thing, I think you would probably have less people switching to other programs for the whole multi-screen thing....

We had no idea that SSP wouldn't crash when asked to output a 2400 x 640 output.

KBlack
10/18/2009 12:56:11 PM
I know this is not exactly what was asked for in this topic, but it does somewhat apply:

After some research and after a trip to Dallas TX this summer to the Echo Church Media Conference (awesome!!), we purchased a Matrox TripleHead2Go for our new young adults evening service, "Adore".

However, I was not sure SSP could handle the multi-screen output so we still use SSP on our 2 side screens for lyrics and videos, and have implemented 3 new centre screens with the TH2Go using my MacBookPro and software called ProVideo Player.
Works like a charm!!! And our users who are still familiar with SSP still get to use it. We match the background videos we use in SSP with the Background Improv to the videos we use in the centre with PVP.

If SSP works well with the TH2Go, then perhaps we will use it in different ways in the future with SSP.

Here are a few images for example:
http://twitpic.com/ik4f9
http://twitpic.com/m0z9o

~ Kirsten

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙