Version 8.0 > Video Issue

sbinder
9/17/2013 4:06:16 PM
Had a chance to give SSP8 a real workout over the weekend. Had it running for about two hours, doing real-time page number updates via instant message, etc. We didn't have any problems at all until we tried playing a video file. Our service has two seatings, and SSP choked on the video both times.

Details:

Program was composed of several slide shows and the video. Video was a 2.7MB mpg video (played from the videos folder toward the end of the two hour service). When we tested it (playing the program through the slide show before the video to the video to the slide show after the video), it worked fine.

During the first service, SSP8 froze completely before playing the video. I clicked on the video in the media panel, I got the little "please wait" dialog for a few seconds, then nothing. Had to play the video manually (through Windows Media Player), then restart SSP to get it to show the next slide.

During the second service, SSP played the video, then would not advance to the next slide (it did so automatically during the test, but showed a blank screen after the video during the service) Pressing the "+" key did not work. Clicking on the next slide in the media control panel did work, however.

Since it worked when we tested it, but choked at the end of a long service, I would suspect a memory or resource leak?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙