Version 5.5 > Varied Backgrounds (from songs to Scripture)

jc@colburns.net
11/27/2005 5:04:53 PM
I would like to use a motion background for all the songs that are displayed, but use a different background (still or motion) for all Scripture that is displayed.  Is this possible pre v7? 

How are you handling this currently?

Thanks for your help!  This board has been a great find!

osborn4
11/27/2005 9:21:59 PM
Posted By jc@colburns.net on 11/27/2005 5:04 PM
I would like to use a motion background for all the songs that are displayed, but use a different background (still or motion) for all Scripture that is displayed.  Is this possible pre v7? 

Thanks for your help!  This board has been a great find!

Nope. This is one of the most requested features (requested from me at least  ).

I end up assigning a different backgrounds to the scriptures in the program, but that doesn't help with "on the fly" scripture look up.

If you're doing a lot of on the fly look ups, you could change the default background and assign backgrounds  to your songs, or change the default backbackground back when the service moves from scripture back to song.

Lee
11/28/2005 5:45:15 AM
You want to have different default backgrounds for songs and for scripture; would it work to assign your favorite background for Scripture as the default, and assign backgrounds for each song as applicable? That way you'll have the song backgrounds as you apply them, and do nothing for the scripture so that the default gets used for them.

We choose backgrounds that support the theme of the song to the extent possible. We also avoid reusing backgrounds within recent memory. In other words, we don't use defaults.

For Scripture backgrounds, have you looked into WorshipFilms new Bible Backs? They are motion and there is a different one for each book of the Bible.

iamgap
11/28/2005 9:23:38 AM
What I would do is create a program with an "Insert break" then "insert display properties" for each section. Run your normal program with its display properties, and add "on the fly" stuff to the area after the break (with its special display properties). I now it is a bit more work than just playing an item from the Bible view, but it will do what you are requesting.

gap

nusyo
11/29/2005 1:13:24 AM
I agree with osborn4 & Lee

iamgap - SSP V7 has some new features that will allow you to change the background even durring a song, or while displaying bible verses .......... but thats all I can say.

Blairness
11/29/2005 3:39:23 AM

It would be good to be able to change the display properties for all videos too. Every time I want to have a video in the program I have to change it's display properties, because otherwise the background flashes up when I am starting and stopping the video (amongst other various annoying things). I know the fact that the background flashes up, is the real problem (BUG - can it be fixed in version 7?), but it would be good to be able to set the display properties for all videos for other reasons as well (e.g the issue with the background showing behind the video, you could set the background to black).

Rod
11/29/2005 4:43:25 AM
I guess we have to wait for the wishlist?, and start making suggestions..

Rod

osborn4
11/29/2005 7:25:02 AM
I've submitted it to the wishlist 2 or 3 times already.

Hopefully, once the interactive wish list becomes available, we'll be able to vote it up in priority and get'er done.

dreece
11/29/2005 8:43:32 PM
In SSP V7 - The Initial Release, you can more easily set the background of videos in a program.  Generally, you'll probably want to just set them to black.  Some of the plans already in the works, when released, will also help with this video-background situation.

Blairness
11/30/2005 4:06:36 AM
Posted By osborn4 on 11/29/2005 7:25 AM
I've submitted it to the wishlist 2 or 3 times already.

Hopefully, once the interactive wish list becomes available, we'll be able to vote it up in priority and get'er done.
Yeh, that wish list is such a good idea!

jlowery
12/4/2005 4:22:34 PM

If you select a background image through Global Display Properties, that image will flash each time you transition between program items unless you have checked Background Image within the Display Properties for the program items.  When you "check" the Background Image box in Display Properties for the program item and do not select a background image, you block SSP from showing the Background Image selected under Global Display Properties.

Blairness
12/5/2005 3:09:48 AM
You've got a point there. I'll have to check what settings I have under the 'global display properties - Transitions'. If I have "Transition through background (or whatever it's called)" selected, then it makes sense that it pops up when transitioning!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙