Tips & Tricks > Custom Paging System with QuickMessage

duckgoop
2/14/2009 2:46:21 PM
We are in process of trying to change our current paging system for parents.  All of our children are assigned numbers in our church database.  The parents have check-in/out slips with their child's number on it.  The monitors call the booth (we have flashing light to replace the ringer) and ask us to page a number, and we display it in QuickMessage.  Our video operators are in the main sanctuary and speaking in the phone can potentially be disruptive and it distracts the operator during worship or the sermon.  I am currently researching/creating a program to incorporate into our computer check-in stations that will allow our monitors to page us silently via a pop-up window similar to MSN Messenger.

Is there a way to send the text from the pop-up to QuickMessage programmtically, either via VBScript or other method?

Thanks!

ps...wasn't sure if this was the right thread

icarusforde
2/14/2009 3:04:47 PM
i cant think of a way using VBScript off the top of my head.... im not sure how quick message ties in with anything else.

there may be another program that you could use that does the same job via a different interface.

Maybe one of our other super intelligent computer people on here will be able to shed some light on this situation for ya

God bless,
andrew

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙