Version 5.5 > Italicizing parts of a verse

psaulm119
11/27/2005 8:10:55 PM
Hello everyone. Well today I took the plunge and used SSP (demo version, even) in our worship service. It went without a hitch.  Apart from the fact that this was the first Sunday I've worked with it, it was a smoother experience than we've had with our current software, Songbase.  I appreciate everything just working. 

OK I have a question here (actually, another one too--about a problem with a window--in another thread).  Today we did "More Love More Power" and it looked very funny, because all the lyrics (male and female parts) were all the same. I tried to italicize the women's/echo line, but couldn't. Finally, I just put parentheses around the echo part, but I would have much preferred to have put italics on those words instead.  Is there any way I can edit the font on an individual line? I know how to make all the lyrics italics, or just the chorus/bridge. But is there a way to go to individual lines/words and italicize them? 

osborn4
11/27/2005 9:15:44 PM

Glad things went well for you.

Currently there is no way to change any of the font properties (e.g. italic) within a song.

What we have done on occasion is prefixed the parts with M: and W: and other times, when the words are echos, I've used "(echo)" or just leave the echo out, because it becomes apparent, especially if you have enough vocalists on your worship team to lead both parts of your song.

I believe that request is on the wishlist, but I don't know it's priority.  

jlowery
12/5/2005 5:07:45 AM
You could use slides for any song that requires mixed fonts or backgrounds. I wouldn't do it as a rule but I have done it when I really wanted to do something that SSP doesn't allow with its song files.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙