Version 8.0 > Why is SongShow dependent on indexing?

gulliverbag
9/22/2013 8:18:05 AM

I have to rebuild my windows 7 file indexing manually but it takes several hours and not enough time to use before the service begins.

This happens once and awhile and Song Show is dead when it happens. Song show says there are no files on my hard drive and I can't do anything.

I understand that this is an indexing issue but Song show should not just stop working all of a sudden. Why is Song show dependent on indexing and why is there not a solid solution???

If indexing doesn't work there should be something that can get me through the service rather than this dead program I can't do anything with.

All of my files are gone inside song show but yet they still are on hard drive. Why is Song show always out of sync with my Hard Drive this seems like a senseless exercise?

Thank you,

gulliverbag
9/22/2013 4:52:41 PM

I found that an intern changed file path to the R-Technics folder to the C: Drive without telling me. 

It is all working now  

dreece
9/23/2013 8:30:01 AM
So, to answer your question anyway for clarification: SongShow Plus is not dependent on Windows Search (indexing) but will use it when possible to get access to a file's metadata.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙