Version 8.0 > Song-Part Title-Change results in part deletion

afbcMike
9/22/2013 9:25:48 AM
We used V8 for our service this morning. As I was going over the show with the worship leader, I noticed one of the song parts was incorrectly labeled - it was titled "Bridge" when it should have been "Pre-Chorus". I re-titled it and now, it displays correctly in the media pane but not in the expandable list of song elements in the program pane. To explain a little more clearly: In my show I have one break and six songs. Pretty basic. My worship team jumped from one song into the Pre-chorus of the problem song today, requiring me to expand the song within the Program pane. Expanding the song is supposed to show all of the song elements/parts, and in this case it is missing the Pre-Chorus. Up on the top of the screen it still exists in the Media pane but I could not open the song with that slide, rather I had to start the song from the beginning which we weren't singing and then quickly switch to the proper part.

The missing element is gone in the program pane in both V7 and V8, and has not returned after a reboot. I have the latest V8 release, installed this morning.

George
9/23/2013 1:40:19 PM
This is certainly odd.

Both Pre-Chorus and Bridge are supported song parts so I am not sure why it would rename one to the other.

If you have or can get some screen shots of what occurred and what you expect that might be helpful.  Also if you happen to have a backup of the song you are having issues with pre-corruption, I can try to replicate.

Let me know if you have these available and we can get together offline to get that info.

Thanks.

afbcMike
9/29/2013 6:37:24 AM
I'll see what I can find as far as a backup goes, and I'll also put together some screen shots for you. Thanks.

afbcMike
9/29/2013 7:48:19 AM
Hi George, I have two versions of the song, one that functions properly and one that is missing the song part in the program window. I also have a screen shot that shows the issue. Let me know how to get the files to you.
-Mike

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙