Version 8.0 > Unusually long launch execution time for SongShow

gulliverbag
9/22/2013 11:02:07 AM

SongShow normally launches in a under a minute but now it is taking upwards of 10-15 minutes and hangs on the opening splash screen for most of that time.

I am scared to close the program because I don't know if it will come back before the sermon is done. Disk Indexing may be running but I am not sure if there is something else going on to slow it down so much.

-Brian-

akins
9/22/2013 11:50:52 AM
Maybe you need to reload SSP.

osborn4
9/22/2013 12:31:41 PM
We had that with SSP7 on Windows XP. Under the standard user profile, it would take a long time to start. But under my Admin account, it would start quickly.

Support thought it was an ini or configuration file somewhere, but we couldn't figure out which one. We just lived with it until we got the new machine. If you could create a new windows user profile, that may take care of it.

gulliverbag
9/22/2013 5:03:02 PM

An intern changed the R-Technics folder path to the C: drive without telling me.

I fixed the file path of the R-Technics folder and it now loads normally in about 35 seconds. 

dreece
9/23/2013 8:33:24 AM
Okay, we'll add to our knowledge base of troubleshooting instructions an additional step: Ask the intern what s/he did to break the install. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙