Version 8.2 > Powerpoint hanging SSP 8.2

osborn4
8/1/2015 12:42:05 PM

I will admit that I haven't used Powerpoint in some time, so I don't know how long this has been an issue.

We are using the current SSP Version 8.2 Production Build 6/2/2015 and Powerpoint 2013 from an Office 365 subscription.

Whenever I try to show a pptx, the first slide flashes and then the display screen goes black and SSP locks up.

Also, when running the PPT to SSPSS importer, the screens black out, but SSP is not locked up and the import runs correctly after that. I

I have the "Presenter mode" turned off in PPT.

This is on a laptop with WIndows 8.1 patched to current

George
8/11/2015 8:52:51 AM
I tested basic operation of PPT 2013 with the release of the latest version of SSP and it did behave as expected.  That said, I will take a look again and see if I find anything different.  My guess is we would need to do a remote to see your bad behavior.

FYI - AFAIK the 2013 version supplied with the Office 365 subscription is the exact same installation as the stand-alone Office 2013 version. 

osborn4
8/17/2015 3:31:03 PM
Yes. The code should be the same.

emve
2/7/2016 11:55:02 PM
We experience sporadic problems with Powerpoint presentations in SongShow Plus 7 as well as 8 to 8.2. I logged the problem with support, but it does not occur regularly, thus it is very difficult to reproduce and investigate.

We now convert a PPT presentation to a video or present it in MS Powerpoint outside of SongShow Plus as it is way easier than dealing with a locked up Windows during a sermon. Leave your SongShow Plus running, open Powerpoint, run the slide show and switch back to SongShow Plus for the remainder of your program. Not ideal, but safer  .

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙