Tips & Tricks > LogMeIn.com

clc
11/1/2009 8:34:48 AM
I, as the church's Network/Media/anything electronic handyman, have found this piece of software very useful. It is a "Remote Desktop" type of software that is free. My favorite feature is turning on any workstation that is turned off from either work or home or any place with an internet signal. You can organize the computers/workstations to make finding the right workstation more easily.

One time it came in very handy was when I was going to be @ church late, not for service but for preservice, but I was able to turn on the projection computer. Then turn on the projectors ( they are IP projectors), then turn on SSP and start the slide show while @ home.

I have even logged into computers on my windows mobile based cell phone or you can log in with the IPhone.

FYI, they came out with a LogMeIn Hamachi, free based on non-profit orgs, that will let you setup other users to specific computers to log in from home. As well as using, I believe peripherals on site. I have not touched this yet, but will very soon.

Another app to make our life a little easier.

osborn4
11/1/2009 4:05:01 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I've heard others say good things about LogMeIn.com, but hadn't heard about the non-profit pricing yet.

koop4us
11/1/2009 6:55:14 PM
FYI - http://www.ssplash.com/Forums/tabid/76/aff/2/aft/14980/afv/topic/Default.aspx

osborn4
11/2/2009 9:58:45 AM
I knew it sounded familiar! 8)

Pat C.
11/5/2009 4:56:13 PM
Has anyone used logmein from home to build a slide show or something similar? At this time, I am not able to be a church as much lately, so if I could work from home instead of building the slide show at home and then take to church on thumb drive and believing I won't have to change much when I get there on Sunday.

Pat C.

osborn4
11/6/2009 6:34:44 AM
I haven't used LogMeIn or anything like that. But I do have a workstation license on my machine at home and put together song shows on that, then use package to go to take it to church. Just make sure you get there in time to run through it, to make any adjustments needed, because of differences between your monitor at home and the projector at church.

clc
11/6/2009 1:55:05 PM
I have built video chains, edited songs and slideshows. It works very nicely. If you have multi-monitors you can change to view the presentation monitor. It is a nice piece of software.

fbcgoshen
3/13/2010 10:22:20 PM
I use logmein every week to set up my program. As a matter of fact i just got done setting up the service for tomorrow using this. It comes in really handy if you are unable to attend a service and they are having issues. I have corrected monitor settings and what not from my office or lazyboy.

The other thing is we have a digital mackie mixer hooked to a different pc. I am able to run the board from home. I am able to work on the live audio feed from home since you don't always know what is going on with the feed at the church. I can also help other sound techs when they have issues.

I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is free unless you want the advanced features. It is also a good way to keep office computers going.

gingerheart
6/8/2011 10:20:55 AM
Pat, Songshow Plus provides the convenience of offering workstations at no additional charge, with no copy limitations for you to download. Volunteers and staff can have their own copy of SSP! feel free to email me if you need more information kschuhknecht@rtechnics.com

mike
6/9/2011 8:03:17 AM
I have always considered allowing a Pastor or visiting Pastor take control of the projection computer during the message using software like this.. though I haven't done it yet.
Currently, the projectionist just follows along with the pastor's outline and advances as appropriate (or when prompted by the Pastor); this works okay.

The closes I have come to allowing the Pastor to drive the projector himself so far is providing him with a wireless (RF) mouse. That interfered with the wireless microphones, so we dropped that pretty quickly. Some of the new things that SSP is working on do look promising though.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙