Tips & Tricks > Trick Wanted: SongList Improvment

DeanZF
11/30/2009 3:30:38 PM
This is partially a test to see if my sig works correctly (one could hope).

My "trick wanted" is an easy and elegant way to create a song listing spreadsheet or database file. A Word doc with a table would certainly be a nice thing and able to be printed or exported to any number of other formats.

Imagine a tool that would give you the choice of a BUNCH of different data. In my own case, I can't currently use key or tempo or reference. No data in those fields to speak of. I would LOVE to have visual, easy access to Title, Author, Publisher information. On my private research list of our overheads, we also included what we called a "key line". We've got 15 Doxologies, a dozen songs that are entitled "Alleluia" or "Halleluia" or "Hallelujah". Some of them have been sung incorrectly for years, names Alleluia but sung Hallelujah. We needed to have a better clue as to which song this really is!

I don't have my registration number, so I can't get this on the official wish list, but if I ever remember to write it down and bring it home, I'll get there.

iamgap
11/30/2009 6:47:57 PM

Welcome to SSPlash! Were in missery are you from? I grew up in Washington and Harvester, and lived in Warrenton before moving to the East Coast a few years ago.

As you have already found, you cannot export the whole songs database without some indepth work. You can add songs to a "program", and then "print program". I am not sure that this feature works in SSP 5.5, but it does with SSP 7. The "print program" feature gives you a few more options. I believe this also gives you the ability to print to HTML, which you can then parse for the data you are looking for.

You can also search for songs by "text". This gives you the ability to search all songs for a phrase or certain words. This should help finding the variouus diferent Doxologies and Alleluias

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙