Version 5.5 > Live video feed

fiadmi2001
12/12/2005 8:16:14 PM
i would like to know if it's possible to send a live video feed from a video system and route it to the computer that is doing the projections? also setup SSP to show the live feed and customise the  bible scriptures and praise and worship songs to song up at the bottom of the live feed at the same time.

any comments or suggestions

thanks

Rod
12/12/2005 8:24:53 PM
Yes SSP will allow you to do live vision and overlay..
To do this you would need a Capture Card in your PC to allow you to input the Live vision..
you would simple select the capture card as your background.

To adjust the words you would just set up SSP to display by Maximum number of lines (perhaps 3) then adjust set up to position the words Bottom and center..

However it should be noted that depending on the speed of your PC and quality of the Capture card etc you could end up with some delay due to processing time..

hope this helps
Rod

fiadmi2001
12/12/2005 9:30:45 PM
ok my capture card is now working in windows media center. ok outside of SSP but i can't seem to see the live picture in SSP

Rod
12/12/2005 11:57:44 PM
what type of capture card??
If you goto the Database panels, and look at the Devices database can you see it listed there?

Rod

David
12/13/2005 10:04:09 AM
You need to download and install the live video ProModule for SSP.  Just be aware, your PC is not an IMAG device so there can be some delay in the live video playback.  It usually won't synch up with audio so if you're thinking of doing somethign like showing the choir on the live video things might look a bit odd.

This isn't a problem with SSP.  It's simply a problem that stems from the fact that a PC is not built to do this type of processing on a hardware level so it has to be done in a software level.  A PC is an all in one device that can do many many things, an IMAG device does exactly one thing and it does it very well.

dreece
12/13/2005 10:42:00 PM
Posted By Rod on 12/12/2005 11:57 PM

If you goto the Database panels, and look at the Devices database can you see it listed there?

This person needs to click Add Device first before it will show up in the video devices database panel.

Karen39
12/14/2005 7:18:43 PM
We do live video feeds, but we run them through our MXPro mixer and actually they turn out very nice.  I wouldn't want to run them through the computer, I've heard they can be jerky running through there.  Are you using a mixer?

fiadmi2001
12/19/2005 8:00:01 PM
yes i am running the video mix thru a mixer. what i would like to know is how do i project the live feed with the scripture reading at the bottom of the screen

Blairness
12/20/2005 3:09:28 AM
Try doing it through the computer capture card/SSP. If that doesn't work to your satisfaction, you will have to do some kind of 'keying' with a piece of video hardware (completely seperate from the computer).

Blairness
12/20/2005 3:16:14 AM
In the meantime, you might want to check out another topic in this forum, related to this one: http://www.ssplash.com/Forums/tabid/76/forumid/2/tpage/1/view/Topic/postid/1236/Default.aspx

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙