Tips & Tricks > WishList: Add ability to see actual font face

millca
1/27/2010 4:57:07 PM
I've submitted this to the wishlist and HOPEFULLY it will get added to the WishList so others can vote for it to be implemented in the near future. It is really difficult to have to scroll through and click on every single font before you can find one that you like. Most software these days include a visual font face rather than just the font name.  

In the meantime, does anyone know of how to print off a sample of every font on a PC? I know how to do it on a Mac, but I don't know how to do that on this PC. Any tips?

techarts
1/27/2010 9:03:41 PM

I'm with you on this wish...we are constantly being challenged to find the "right" font for a particular song or slide show to fit a theme and it's a pain without "live preview" (like Office 2007 feature).

Try this free program for fonts (has an export to html or rtf file of the fonts - simple, but effective.    http://www.cfontpro.com/download.php

akins
1/27/2010 9:11:57 PM
I find that AMP font viewer is nice for organizing fonts and displaying them in an easily readable form. And you're correct that it is a headache to find the right font if you aren't quite sure what you are looking for. It would be nice if either the font names were written in the type face or that the selected text would change as the fonts are scrolled through. There is also a wish pending that would allow the user to select 5 or 10 favorite fonts (or perhaps just the most-used ones) which would always appear at the beginning of the font list.

osborn4
1/28/2010 11:02:20 AM
I will go into Work and select a font, then pop back into SSB and implement that font.

iamgap
1/28/2010 6:17:54 PM
Posted By Joel Osborn on 28 Jan 2010 11:02 AM
I will go into Work and select a font, then pop back into SSB and implement that font.
I too use MS Word to look for the correct font when trying to match a hard copy.

dreece
1/28/2010 9:18:56 PM
In the Display Properties window, there is a Select button next to the font list fields. This window lets you select a font and also shows how they look.

wbub
3/21/2010 7:45:45 AM
Also, for fonts in text boxes of slide shows, the font selection from the top menu bar will not show how it looks, but right-clicking the text and selecting "font" does show what it looks like. (Unfortunatey it is in the color of the text, which for me is often white -- hard to see on a white display box.)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙