Version 9.0 > SSP 9.0 Issues

StanCason
1/29/2020 5:50:09 AM
I have replicated 2 issues that are in 8.5 that are still in the 9.0 version.  I will attempt to describe how to get it to occur.

1) Preview Display gets out of synch with song.
  a) If you set the build options to Display Title Slide with First Line lyrics, and have Stage Display and Preview Display set up on the top and bottom halves of Display 3.  The first slide will not show anything for Preview of the second slide, in addition if you scroll forward, and then back up to the first slide, which is a combo of Title and 1st lyrics, the Preview screen will not update the Preview screen, showing whatever was on the Preview Display before moving to the Initial Slide.

2) Song Edit - Lyrics while displaying song being displayed can crash SSP 9.0.
I have had this happen numerous times during practice when I find a mistake on the screen being displayed.  It is not consistent, but I believe it has something to do with the edit causing less screens to result than the screen you are on.  For example:  if I am displaying line by line, and am on screen 12, and notice that the lines are not full thoughts, and then go into Edit Lyrics to rearrange the lines into complete sentences, and end up with a 10 screen song,  SSP crashes when I save the edited lyrics.

Hope this helps in problem determination.

StanCason
2/4/2020 12:23:54 PM
Hi,  This thread has been really quiet.  Today, I went to the download site and found a new version of the preview release out there date 1/30/2020!  I have downloaded it and installed it.  There has been no announcements, so I hope I am not premature in getting it.

George
2/4/2020 3:41:06 PM
Hi Stan,

Nope - you are good...  We appreciate your diligence and interest in SongShow Plus 9.0.

The upload was confirmed and updating some other information.  Official announcement is forthcoming.

FYI - We are looking into the issues that you mentioned...

Thanks Again!

StanCason
3/31/2020 4:37:00 PM

I'm getting a strange behavior when displaying programs.  I think it is some kind of memory leak.  After about 20 minutes of use, the backgrounds go away, leaving just a black background.  I find that if I clear the program and reload it, everything starts working again.

Anyone else experiencing this anomaly?  Thinking of going back to 8.5 until this is solved.

Stan

StanCason
3/31/2020 5:13:51 PM
I asked a few of the guys who are doing the operation of our slide shows on a weekly basis to comment about the new interface, and was surprised that it was so negative. I mildly dislike it, but changed it to a white background to make it resemble more like the old one, and have gotten used to it.

So, I took a step back and tried to figure out why the negative reactions. I came to the conclusion that the new interface is sort of cartoon like. It looks drawn rather than having a solid feel. The interface is 2 dimensional. Windows has a 3 dimensional feel to the windows. I am not sure why the decision was made to do this, but the end result feels amateurish, not professional.

simonbuddy
5/9/2020 11:48:24 AM
Hi Stan - I agree with  you on both fronts.  It seems that SSP 9 is still not working properly with slides that have HD motion background, it either freezes or goes black.  As for the new black GUI, I too is not a big fan of it.  At least, we should have the option to revert to 8.5 GUI.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙