Version 5.5 > Purpose of yellow cue button

psaulm119
12/13/2005 5:46:34 PM
I was under the impression that the yellow/black cue button was to indicate which verse was being displayed. However, I have noticed that it doesn't move from verse to verse, when I stay in the same song, but that it does move from song to song.  Is there some special feature that using this button allows me that I am unaware of?  What is its purpose? 

osborn4
12/14/2005 5:07:13 AM
I don't have SSP in front of me, but I thought the cue button was just to bring up the currently highlighted item in the cue window.

iamgap
12/14/2005 9:07:37 AM
IIRC, the cue button only prepares the highlighted item to be ready to play whenever you hit the spacebar. I believe it is for items that usually take a few extra seconds to "spin-up" when you play them. Be careful though, as I had a video that was timed to be in sync with the chior singing Star Spangled Banner that started playing as soon as I cued it. When I pressed the spacebar to "start" playing it, it was well into the video. Fortunately it was during practice, so I new not to do that in the service.

gap

mike
12/14/2005 9:08:15 AM
Setting the Cue button changes the behavior of the green diamond (in 5.5).
When the Cue button is not selected, the subsequent touches of green diamonds display the item that is selected with the diamond.
When the Cue button IS selected, pressing a green diamond 'cues' the slide that you subsequently select.. it does not display it.

I use the 'cue' feature as a preview, but I think, if you experience slow transition times from one slide to the next, if you 'cue' it first then touch the green 'present' button (which displays the cued item) you will see better performance.

osborn4
12/14/2005 11:05:42 AM
OK. That makes more sense. I'd never had any luck using that button, because I had no idea how it worked.

I alway cue up an item by center clicking on it. If you have a scroll wheel mouse, you can usually center click by pressing the scroll wheel down.

And, you're right. It really is helpful in getting Powerpoints and videos ip on a timely manner.

osborn4
12/14/2005 11:07:14 AM
Getting back to the original question, if you have a verse order, you can use the "Next" window to see what verse is next. But that only works if you have a verse order assigned. It also works for slide shows, SSPSS and PP.

dreece
12/14/2005 3:54:29 PM
Posted By psaulm119 on 12/13/2005 5:46 PM
I was under the impression that the yellow/black cue button was to indicate which verse was being displayed. However, I have noticed that it doesn't move from verse to verse, when I stay in the same song... 

This indicator will only move within the song if the song has a verse sequence assigned to it.

Incidently, in V7, this indicator has been changed to a bold asterisk.  (The yellow/black indicator looked too much like a play button.)

psaulm119
12/14/2005 11:48:01 PM
Wasn't ignoring this thread--I've just become accustomed to getting email notifications whenever someone posts to a thread I've started.  Thanks for the responses.  So far, we haven't had any problems with transitions from one slide to the next; I haven't used that cue button. I was just hoping that something unexpected would happen around it--so I'll stay away from the space bar!

psaulm119
12/14/2005 11:55:01 PM
Wait a second. I just re-read what you folks were saying.  You are right--the cue button won't move unless you have specifically established a verse sequence; at which point, upon using that cue button, simply clicking on the diamond won't bring it up--it will "cue" it, awaiting the press of teh space bar. Like I said, that hasn't been a problem so I'll just click once to move to the next slide, rather than click and use the space bar.  No need to complicate things.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙