Version 8.2 > Print part of a slide show?

sara-t
11/19/2015 10:13:17 PM

The Methodist Hymnal has some long rituals, like baptism and reception of new members.  We have set up most of them as slide shows, with every possible part of the ritual available.  The pastor decides which parts will be used on a given day.  It's easy enough to use Slide Order to add just those parts to that day's program.

The pastor would like a printout of just those parts, so as not to rely on the projection.  When I use Slide Show/Print from the database or the program panel, the result is always the full slide show, and we have to cross out the parts not used.  I can print the program out with just the song lyrics used that day, but can't print out the text of slide shows using that tool. 

Is there a simple way to print out just the parts of a slide show used in the program?

osborn4
11/29/2015 4:20:59 PM
Open up the slide show in Slide Show Builder and you have a print page range option.

sara-t
12/6/2015 8:42:11 PM
Thanks, Joel, I hadn't seen the page range option. It's available from the program as well, using right click. Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve my problem. If we have 20 slides available, this week we might use 1-8, 12, 15-17, and 20. The staff need a quick way to print just those slides.
We would prefer a function available from the program, similar to the one for songs. Not available right now, I guess.

osborn4
12/17/2015 5:10:47 PM
You could save the slideshow as slides-print.sspss and then delete the slides you don't want printed. I guess that's what I'd do.

sara-t
12/18/2015 2:52:26 PM
Not sure what you mean, Joel. In Slideshow builder, I can delete the unwanted slides, print, and then close without saving. Printing a slide show only lets me choose a range of contiguous slides.

osborn4
12/21/2015 7:26:21 PM
I mean to delete the slides that you don't want, then print that slide show. I just suggested saving it to a scratch slideshow, so you don't mess up the full slide show.

That would allow you to print in fewer steps, I would think.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙