Version 8.0 > Stage Display

AccordDX89
11/16/2013 5:59:11 AM
I can't get the stage monitor to work in version 8.  In 7, you just check the box and it's there.  It works fine.  Now, we have to activate monitors and choose target displays, etc.  I tried several things and it just wouldn't show up.  I tried most combinations of source display and target display.  Then I got a notice that monitor 3 was not activated. When I activated monitor 3, I would get 2 pages in the program panel, where I could open 2 separate programs.  Program 1 would display on monitor 2 and program 2 would display on monitor 3, but no stage display from either program.  Our stage monitor is a projector that is projecting onto a screen in the back of the sanctuary.  I have hooked 2 inputs to it, so that I can also use the main display and people on the stage can still view videos, powerpoint slideshows, etc.  The main reason for the stage display is the choir couldn't see the song lyrics with the motion backgrounds, so that's really all we use it for.  The stage display input is connected to the computer with a USB to VGA convertor.  Any ideas?

dreece
11/16/2013 6:33:56 PM
Here is an example of how to set that up:

1) Select the menu command Tools > Display Settings. This will open the Display Settings window.
2) Set the number of Displays to 2.
3) Specify which display devices the display windows should be placed in.
4) Click OK to save the changes.
5) If you actually changed the number displays (like from 1 to 2), then you'll need to restart SongShow Plus at this point for the change to be in effect.
6) Select the menu command Tools > Preferences. This will open the Preferences window.
7) Select the Stage Display setting panel.
8) Ensure that Stage Output Active is checked.
9) Ensure that Source Display is set to Display 1.
10) Ensure that Target Display is set to Display 2.
11) Click Save to save the changes.

At this point, when you present to Display 1, Display 2 will get the output.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙