Version 8.0 > Target Release Date

Jessop
11/17/2013 7:55:15 AM
one of the features of 8 that I have to have by Christmas is the easy ability (I know we can do it in 7 painfully lol) to do a video on the front screen and the words on the back screen for our Christmas cantata.  Has it been listed somewhere what the target release date of 8 is to be?

Jessop
11/17/2013 7:59:18 AM
Darn it wrong forum can a Mod please move it to the correct forum sorry still getting used to my new reading glasses apparently they aren't doing a good job lol

osborn4
11/18/2013 8:29:20 AM
Looks like it got moved, but not answered.

I've not seen anything about an official release date.

George
11/19/2013 9:49:41 AM
AJ,

I moved this to the SSP Version 8 thread.

RE: SSP 8 release date.  That is still TBD and we are diligently working on getting some additional items nailed down.

That said there are several folks that are using SSP 8 now in the Preview state that it is currently available in.  Everyone is a little different as is their tolerance for issues so I highly recommend that if you have not already, download the current SSP 8 preview and take a look for yourself and see if it will work for you. 

As a reminder, SSP 8 was specifically designed to install separately from SSP 7 so you do not have to remove 7 to use 8.  There are of course a few caveats that you should be aware of, the most important is that content built in 8 is not necessarily going to work in 7.

Review the other posts and if you have specific issues or concerns with SSP 8, please let us know.

Jessop
11/19/2013 12:18:57 PM
oh awesome i'll go try it ive got all next week off so I want to nail down the Christmas cantata next week so its a good time to preview 8 and see if it can work for that night thanks for moving and the pseudo answer

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙