Version 5.5 > Program at Workstation

marcyln
12/19/2005 6:58:28 PM
I would like to build a program at a workstation and then transfer it to the projection computer.  Currently the program I build on the workstation wont work on the projection system. 

Rod
12/19/2005 7:33:17 PM
Firstly how r u trasferring the program??

Are you just saving the program or are you using the package to go?? or using the Backup/restore utility?

The easiest way to do this is to use the package to go.. If you click on files then select Package to go. SSP will automaticaly take all the Images / videos / songs/ slideshows etc with the package.

To Restore the package on the projection machine just click on Files then restore Package. This will then Unpack the Program, Putting images and slideshows, sogs etc where they need to be to run the program..

One thing to note is that you need to have all your images / video files etc saved into the correct SSP databases for this to work.. IE Images need to be saved in the SSP / Imagees directory .. not in Mydocuments etc.. otherwise it will not be able to find these missing items when you unpack the package.

hope this makes sense. yell out if I need to explain better

Rod

Lee
12/21/2005 10:04:49 AM
By far the "easiest" way is to have both computers on a LAN. Any program that runs on one comuter runs on the other; no time is spent making copies of anything. Just make certain all shared background, database, etc. files are in a common shared location that both computers can access.

Of course if one of the computers is off-site, the method and rules mentioned by Rod should be used.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙