Version 8.0 > Media Panel not able to be driven by mouse select of item

gilman22
11/18/2013 2:24:52 PM
When I bring up a Slide Show, I see all the slides and can advance then with the next slide arrow. I am unable to select slides on the panel with my mouse and have them display. I have the latest SSP 8 installed 11/13/2013

George
11/19/2013 10:05:47 AM
Charlie,

I just checked this and it seems to work as expected for me on two different systems.

Are you seeing the small "present" green arrow icon in the lower left of the Media Control Panel slide thumbnails when you mouse over them?  If so, what happens when you click those?  Can you double click to present?

To be clear, only a single click anywhere on the thumbnail should advance it.

Are you using manual or auto advanced slide shows?  Has the slideshow been started then stopped?

How are your media control panels laid out? Do they deviate from the stock arrangment?

Give me as much info as you can about what happened prior to this behavior and I can look into it more.

gilman22
11/19/2013 11:56:03 AM
I just loaded the latest release and when I bring up a slide show the media panel looks as it did in SSP 7. I created a new slide show in release 8 to make sure it was not a compatability issue wiht SSP 7 slides. I see the green arrow when I mouse over it but it has no effect on the display. the only slide that seems to be selected by clicking is the first slide. I can advance using the next slide arrow in the media control panel and from the program list when I expand the show. I get no response from clicking on an item in the media control panel. I use this functionality all the time in SSP 7 and it works great. If I progress thru the slide show with the next slide buttion and then click on the first slide it gets selected. No other slide is selected by mouse click.

George
11/19/2013 2:22:48 PM
Ok Thanks.

So this worked as expected in the previous preview build?

Which build were you last on that this worked?

gilman22
11/19/2013 2:30:10 PM
No this is the first time I really tested a preview build. I tried it before but not sure I tried to select items in the media control panel. It still works fine in SSP 7.

iamgap
3/29/2014 6:58:21 PM

Same here. When running a SlideShow, you cannot mouse-click a slide to display is. This does work in Songs, but not in SlideShows. I have the most recent version.

Window 7 64 Ultimate

George
4/1/2014 1:22:08 PM
I looked at this behavior and was initially able to present all content shown in the media panel by clicking on the thumbnail. 

After changing the Arrange Preview Images preferences however I was able to replicate the behavior.  It seems that with the setting set to Use Default Slide order it behaved as expected but when this was changed to Use Specific Slide order or Use Specific Slide order plus unordered slides, it will only present the first item when clicked.

Since this setting is separate for Songs, Slides and Scripture you could get different behavior.

For now, if you want this to work, select the default setting.

George
4/2/2014 5:39:52 PM
This behavior has been corrected in the 04/01/2014 build.  Please update and verify.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙