Version 8.2 > FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use

George
12/15/2015 12:32:58 PM
Hello SongShow Plus Users.

As we prepare to move to the next version of SongShow Plus (Version 8.3 in Preview now) we are interested to know how many of you are still using a deprecated legacy plug-in.  More specifically, we are interested in the plug-ins related to Bible Translations and Song Databases.

Please reply to this post with the following information:

WHAT - Which deprecated plug-ins do you still use in SongShow Plus? 
Please list the versions of the Bibles that you do/would use from these other Bible tools.
Additionally if you have 3rd party tools you use, please include the version of the software.

WHY - Why do still use the deprecated plug-ins?  Cost? Content unavailable? If it is content, Please let us know specifically what content (type and version please) you need in SongShow Plus.

WHEN - How often do you use these plug-ins? Rarely? Once in a while? Daily?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 

The SongShow Plus Team

mfalk57
12/15/2015 12:53:49 PM
I don't think we are using any deprecated plug-ins. We dumped our On-Line Bible plug in several years ago in favor of the built in SSP NIV and use the standard SSP song database.

fire
12/15/2015 4:06:16 PM
I would like to keep Online Bible plug-in as it still has different bible versions that SSP does not. While it is not used often, you never know what version the pastor might decide to use.

bcaldwell92
12/15/2015 8:04:42 PM
+1 to keep the Online Bible plugin. While we're not actively using it right now, mainly because it hasn't seemed to work with SSP 8-8.2, it would be nice to have that working again.

wbub
12/16/2015 6:57:08 AM
Ditto for online bible. We use it every week, and like the multiple versions available. (We use 2 regularly, but others on occasion.) If the built-in versions could be licensed per installation, vs. per computer, or multiple versions could be licensed for one price, we might switch. This is the main reason we have not switched to v8.x (although I understand that OLB works if you keep 7.0 installed, or something like that.)

George
12/16/2015 9:33:11 AM
What versions do you use that we do not currently offer?

cegarrett
12/16/2015 11:23:21 AM
We need the legacy Bible Plugins..

I've been using v8 for 6-8 months since we built the new computer (purchased all of the English translations bible Plugins for V8). I've had conversations with support and I'm about to install Version 7 just for the Bible plugins Libronix and Online Bible.

The Message is useless in the way it is for "on the fly" projection.
Versions that are making me reinstall V7: The Living Bible, Amplified, Contemporary English Version are ones i needed just from last weeks message off the top of my head.

wbub
12/16/2015 12:17:06 PM
Posted By George Taylor on 16 Dec 2015 09:33 AM

What versions do you use that we do not currently offer?
We most often use the NIV US(1884) and the New Living. Occasionally we use the ESV, NKJV, or NAS. But I don't want to pay for the rarely used versions twice (two projection licenses) plus pay again for workstations, or not have them available there. Technically, I don't know if our OLB license can be used on more than one machine, but we only use it on one at a time, so I don't think we are violating copyright.

akins
12/16/2015 12:45:04 PM
Oh for the time that Quick Verse was supported -- dozens of Bibles at one price. The program itself was (is) useful also.

chestnut135
12/16/2015 2:11:00 PM
I would like to keep Online Bible plug-in as it still has different bible versions that SSP does not. While it is not used often, you never know what version the pastor might decide to use.

gilman22
12/17/2015 3:19:35 PM
I still use Libronix Bible software. I would need to have that supported to go to Version 8.

dprince
12/18/2015 12:32:40 PM
Quickverse is my preference - wide variety of vesions - use many versions often

George
12/18/2015 1:43:28 PM
To All,

Reminder - Please list the versions of the Bibles that you do/would use from these other Bible tools.

Additionally if you have 3rd party tools you use, please include the version of the software.

Thanks

labbbw
12/19/2015 1:05:43 PM

We need and are still using Online Bible as it has different bible versions that SSP does not.  Specifically, we use Amplified regularly, which is not the standard installation of SSP, nor available as a current plug-in.  This is also why we keep SSP7 installed and in use.   We would gladly pay a license fee to use the Amplified version or pay for a plug-in if it was available – since this is what our pastor uses most often.   If this were possible, we could finally move to SSP8 and delete SSP7 from our computer.  We would be so very happy if you find a way to make the Amplified version available to use via the mobile controls on the fly as well.   Currently the only way to use the Amplified version via the mobile controls is to make a slide and add it to the program - but if the pastor calls out a scripture that he had not planned on, we can't show it.

edjohnny1
12/20/2015 3:31:10 PM
We have been and are using the Online Bible which was purchased with the initial purchase of SSP many years ago.  Deprication has cause us great pain several times to the point that we have nearly gone to another product.  if you deprecate this I am sure we will be moving to another product.  The price you charge for one bible version is only slightly less than the cost of the entire Online Bible when we last added a bible version through them.  you might want to think about buying them...  

chrismaca
12/26/2015 4:34:57 PM
Libronix - Version 2.1b
It would mainly be cost as we have 3 projection licenses + about to install 2 workstations just to put together the service per week which also would need the bible translations available.
If it was possible to get site licenses for the bible translations it might help to reduce the need for legacy plug-ins.
NIV, ESV (Weekly)
NLT, MSG (Occasionally/Rarely)

iamgap
12/27/2015 8:29:47 AM
Our current Pastor does not like putting scripture on the screen, as he wants people to bring and use their own Bible. We even raise the screen before the sermon and lower it for the invitation.

That said, if we use scripture, we will probably go back to Online Bible. This is because with Online Bible we can buy a translation that can be used for the Church as an entity instead of having to buy a separate license for each SSP computer, to include workstations at volunteer's homes, that may or may not always use that translation.

We currently have a license for ESV that we no longer use, but that is the Pastor's preferred translation. Others we have used from OLB are NIV and HCSB. I have had requests for TLB and NLT during weekly Teen CBS leaders.

Dman2060
12/27/2015 9:12:34 PM
We use the Online Bible plug-in regularly. It offers tremendous value and flexibility for the price when you consider the number of Bible versions the program offers. Originally we used both the Online Bible and Quick Verse plugins. I still miss the Quick Verse plug-in and wish it were still supported too. I certainly would not appreciate having to repurchase all of the Bible versions we are now using. Having heard a phrase in a fashion design show commercial, Project Runway I believe, I have to offer it as a suggestion where the Online Bible plug-in is concerned ... "Make it work."

akins
12/27/2015 9:25:09 PM
It seems strange to me that, in a time when we can now get dozens of Bible versions in many languages and with voice audio on a cell phone for free, that our projection software has gone in the opposite direction. I use to get dozen of versions on multiple SSP sites for free and now pay $50 for one version on two sites! Weird. Maybe they will come up with a cell phone with a 6x10' screen ;-)

dreece
12/30/2015 4:53:35 PM
Dick, the arrangement that we have with the copyright holders of the various Bible versions requires that we pay royalties for each copy sold. I agree that it's odd that some places are offering this for free. I intend to follow up at some point and ask the copyright holders if we can distribute their text at no cost to us. In the meantime, however, that is the arrangement that we have.

dreece
12/30/2015 4:56:09 PM
Jackie,

The Amplified version is in the works and will be available as a plug-in along with SSP 8.3.

akins
12/31/2015 8:17:01 AM
Thanks, Doug. I think we all understand that this isn't just a SSP thing and that you are bound by considerations
out of your control. Hope that you can find a better solution sometime.

cegarrett
12/31/2015 9:04:02 AM
I'm Just curious is there a web service that could be used in conjunction with bible gateway, or some other site, to pull the text from their databases. I'd even be willing to pay $25 or $50 a year for a subscription for all of the bibles.

If that could be done it would be an easy way for SSP to have access to more languages.

akins
12/31/2015 10:27:36 AM
I think that QuickVerse & Word Search have been purchased by Lifeway - perhaps some deal could be made with them.
Also the creator of Quick Verse has a good product , Pocket Bible, that runs on PC, Mac, phones, etc. and will use
previously purchased QV items, I think. Purchased Bibles are only about $10 each. How great it would be to have the same
Bibles available on your phone, PC, and SSP -- Wow!

rkresge
4/27/2016 2:19:25 PM
Still very much using Online Bible - we have purchased 7 or 8 translations, and I'm not in a big hurry to have to buy something new to replace.  Just reinstalled our projection machine from scratch in order to upgrade (finally) from Win XP, so it was finally time to upgrade from SSP 7 to 8.2. Of course had to also install SSP in order to get Online Bible to work. I guess this is a bit of an ugly solution, but I hope you continue at least this much support for Online Bible.

Roger

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙