Version 5.5 > OpenOffice.org Impress

leetcharmer
12/22/2005 12:36:15 PM
I'm not sure if any of you have tried out the Microsoft Office Suite alternative that's getting pretty popular recently, but I was wondering if SSP 7 is planned to have support for the PowerPoint gratis equivalent "Impress" or for OpenDocument formats.  Thoughts?

twj
12/22/2005 12:48:39 PM
I've been using open Office for over a year at home and at work and have just upgraded to v2.0 on my XP system.  I usually save everything in Microsoft's formats and haven't had any trouble sending files to other programs.

I do have have to admit, though, all of our church's SSP slide show elements are made in SSB or PPT because that's what's on the church computers.

osborn4
12/22/2005 1:40:49 PM
As far as I know, there is no plans for Impress integration in v7.

You'll have to get it on the wish list after v7 comes out and see if you can get it voted up.

leetcharmer
12/22/2005 10:45:04 PM
I'm a big fan of how OpenOffice.org is now using the OpenDocument format. This ensures that whether you open the file among all applications, it will open correctly, as opposed to the strict .ppt created by Microsoft. Sure, they may be the de facto standard right now, but -- in a few years, with the popularity of Impress ever increasing, I think it would be a wise decision to add this type of functionality. my church isn't made out of money -- gotta save wherever possible!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙