Tips & Tricks > Old Dog transitioning to October 2010 Edition

mike
5/20/2011 6:55:02 AM
I finally upgraded to October 2010 last night, and I knew from discussions on this board that this old dog was going to need to learn so new tricks.

We have a fairly large collection of background images and videos.   And so that I can easily work on announcements and things from home, we store(d) them hierarchically in the file system outside of of the SSP normal directories.  For example, I had a few directories (this is just a subset):
\WorshipVideos\Cross
\WorshiipVideos\Holidays\Easter
\WorshipVideos\Holidays\PalmSunday
\WorshipVideos\Nature

\WorshipImages\Flowers
\WorshipImages\Holidays\MemorialDay

It took a couple of tries to figure out how I should set things up so that the image browser could works for us.  But in the end I copied all of the images (including and retaining the subdirectories) from /WorshipImages to (I believe the directory in Windows 7 was)
\Users\Public\Public Documents\R-Technics\SongShow Plus\Images

I started SSP and everything showed up right where I expected it to be.  The hierarchy was retained and there are new 'search' features that look promising.

I appreciated knowing in advance that this was going to take a little getting used to, (I was prepared to sit down and work with it) but, so far, the new release looks good.

osborn4
5/20/2011 9:12:55 AM
I do that with everything but the songs. I still use SSP to back up the songs directory and recover it on the new machine.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙