Version 9.0 > Compatible video backgrounds

sara-t
6/12/2020 12:04:55 PM
Version 9.0 seems quite picky about the video backgrounds it will use.  The wrong ones bog it down to the point that no edits can be made.
I'm sure you are working on it.  I the meantime, would you please share guidelines for usable videos?
Thanks!

George
6/15/2020 9:29:57 AM
Sara,

Sorry to hear that - Assuming the videos you are using are within the documented guidelines, that should not be the case.

Please contact the support team to have them review the behavior so we can address it.

iamgap
6/15/2020 1:36:19 PM
I don't know if this still applies, but back on the version 7 or early 8 days, images that were significantly larger than the display size would bog down SSP. I got in the habit of using a photo editor to resize all my images to match the display's size.

If you're using 4k videos on a 1080 display, I could see that happening.

I also had a similar issue with videos in 8.3 and 8.5 after updating to Windows 10. The version that was installed when finally upgrading from 7 to 10 was 1809 (I think), and that version had an issue with not releasing memory when a video was stopped. This caused every video that you played to stay in memory and rendering SSP useless until you closed it and reopened it. Now that I think about it (still on 8.5 with this PC), I'm still having that issue because I cannot use multiple layers with two videos. I have to use something like Premier Pro to combine the videos, and then use that video as my background.

gap

akins
6/18/2020 11:55:55 AM
Strange! I often use more than one video for backgrounds and have never noticed any problem.
SSP 8.5 and Win 10.

iamgap
6/18/2020 4:21:15 PM
I think it depends on your windows version. I didn't have this problem until I upgrade from WIn7 to WIN10.

I have version 1909 of WIN10.

To find your version, click the Windows Start Menu button and type WINVER, then tap the enter key or click the winver command that appears.

gap

osborn4
6/22/2020 11:38:48 AM
I believe that SSP9 on Windows 10 uses the Windows 10 coded for MP4, rather than the plug in. If I recall, the plug in is no longer needed in that situation.

I have found that newer videos from Shift Worship do indeed hang the system to the point of having to force close SSP and restart it.

Here are two I have problems with last week.
https://shiftworship.com/collections/the-hills/ The Hills Valley Alt in HD
https://shiftworship.com/collections/slate-collection/ Slate Welcome and Slate Fathers Day

Note, those bottom two seemed to work OK as foreground videos, but not background videos. Also, they weren't consistent in failure, They would sometimes work, although rarely.

This one worked as background
https://shiftworship.com/collections/ancient-crosses-collection/ Ancient Crosses Oval HD

Also, this video worked in the foreground
https://skitguys.com/videos/stuff-dads-never-say-part-2

This was occuring on two machines, but both are Windows 10 and SSP 9  

osborn4
6/26/2020 1:59:58 PM
I'me having the problem and I have a winver of 1903 (Build 18362.900)

I see I have 2004 on deck, so I'm going to try that.

osborn4
6/26/2020 3:53:27 PM
Just tried with 2004 and post 2004 fixes and this thing still hangs.

Has anyone tried to contact support yet?

iamgap
7/1/2020 1:48:29 PM
I called support when I had this issue in 8.5 and was told it had something to do with the newest version of WIN10. I was told that it would be resolved with Version 9 and newer versions of WIN10.

When we go back to in person worship, and this is not resolved, I may look for an older version of WIN10 or maybe even re-image back to WIN7.

gap

iamgap
7/1/2020 1:50:17 PM
Maybe we should also complain to shiftworship, to see if they can use a different CODEC when creating these videos.

gap

osborn4
7/2/2020 8:52:26 PM
Yeah! Looks like the 6/24 version of SSP 9 takes care of the problem, at least with Win 10 2004.

Looking good so far, with videos I had problems with before.

Good work, R-Technics. Thanks.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙