Version 8.0 > Cinematic Effects Collection

fire
12/13/2013 1:58:13 PM
I just purchased the Cinematic Effects Collection and was trying to figure out how to get it to install in version 8. I am using Version 8.0 Preview Build 11/13/2013.

The instructions I recevied on how to install the plugin were for Version 7. Any thoughts.

George
12/16/2013 9:41:08 AM
Great question Terry.

For Version 8, all plug-ins are pre-installed but not available until activated.

This means there is no additional installation process, just re-activation.  The preview status of SSP 8 may delay the availability of your plug-in for a day but you should have it available to you now.

Simply launch SSP 8 and select Tools > Activation to launch the Activation UI.  From here it should automatically detect the change to your license and update it for you.
You will have to close and re-start SSP 8 after the update is complete.

Let me know if you have issues or questions on this process. 

fire
12/16/2013 2:13:08 PM
When I purchased the cinematic plug-in for our projection computer, Brian told me that it could be used on a workstation computer also, without any extra costs.

How do I activate it on the workstation computer? It shows not to be enabled on the workstation computer.

fire
12/16/2013 2:14:57 PM
Please disregard I figured it out. Should have read your complete reply. :-)

sbinder
1/2/2014 10:31:47 AM
I'm still having trouble. Under Tools > Activation, I see Cinematic Effects listed as "No" (not enabled).
So I clicked Next and chose C (Neither option), then C on the next screen (Activate this machine as a free workstation), Then "No" on the next screen (no Workstation Activation Code).
After I enter my Account ID and password on the next screen and select my machine from the list of machines, and the next screen says:
"The activation coded is not available for use. It may have already been used to activate a license."

George
1/3/2014 3:22:03 PM
Hi Stuart,

I am taking a look at your account but I believe this may be due to the way that the features were applied in the old database.

I will let you know what I find via email.

Thanks.

George
1/17/2014 2:50:05 PM
This issue should be resolved with the 1/15/2014 build.

Download and install the new package and re-activate.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙