Version 9.0 > Crop not working in slide builder

osborn4
6/19/2020 2:25:26 PM
This is the first slide show I'm making in 9.0.

I've a jpg trim to 16x9. I click edit on the pic, then click Crop/Select Crop area. I select the 16:9 crop button, then click Save, but it doesn't save. It also doesn't save if I adjust the crop area manually.

I'm on Version 9.0 Production Build 2/18/2020 and Check for Updates says there are no updates available.

Help?

George
6/22/2020 11:27:58 AM
Joel.

Double check that you crop area (the dotted outline) is fully visible.  Sometimes if the boundary is not visible it may not be recognized.

osborn4
6/22/2020 11:49:32 AM
This is not the case. If I use the cropping buttons, 4:3 or 16:9, I get no cropping.

osborn4
7/3/2020 2:55:38 PM
Crop is now working with Version 9.0 Production Build 6/24/2020

osborn4
7/4/2020 7:16:00 AM
Spoke too soon. Crop worked on one graphic, but not on the second. I'll have to look into what the difference was a give support a call.

But it wasn't working at all before.

George
7/8/2020 3:53:15 PM
Joel.

A quick follow up on this to make sure we are on the same page.

I have confirmed that there is an issue with the preset crop buttons (1:1, 4:3  and 16:9) on certain image files.  This seems to vary based on the original size of the image.  When this occurs, one or more of the 4 dotted lines in the crop region border are not fully visible.  This caused the crop not to be activated.  I have found that if the hidden edge is manually moved in frame or if the entire region is manually moved slightly, this usually causes the crop to be effective.

If you are not seeing the behavior that I described then please do discuss this with support and they will gather the necessary info to explore further.

osborn4
7/13/2020 6:21:50 AM
Yes. I've just discovered the same thing. If I'm manually cropping an image, I have to move all 4 crop lines off of the edge of the picture. 16x9 crop leaves 2 of the crop borders on the edges of the pictures causing them to not be activated.

Very glad to find this. I'm editing a slide show for a funeral later this month and was going nuts.

Getting all 4 crop borders off of the edges of the picture and definitely within the field of the picture seems to be the trick.

osborn4
7/13/2020 6:40:04 AM
Other slide show weirdness.

1) Package to go in SSB throws an access violation in Backup.cmd
2) stopping a preview with a music track does not stop the music.

George
7/14/2020 12:03:42 PM
Joel,

I was not able to replicate the Backup error.  please contact the support team to get details.  I did a couple of simple slideshows so maybe it has something to do with the content of the slideshow or settings.

I confirmed the preview audio issue and will add that to the bug list.

Thanks

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙