Version 8.2 > Making back up copy of service

gatewaycrc
3/7/2016 1:04:37 PM
Do any of you set up songshow on one computer and then make a back up copy to save on a laptop just in case something goes wrong with the main computer?  We recently had a virus go through the computer making it unusable for the weekend which meant we had to use song sheets and no screens and made us realize just how much we depend on the screens at the front of the sanctuary.  I have now been asked to have a back up copy available on the laptop since it also has a projection license on it.  It was on my to do list to have it set up but I hadn't got around to it before this all happened and now it has been bumped to the top of my list.  

Is it as simple as setting the service up and then copying it and downloading it to the laptop?
Any tips from those who have experience with this?

Both the computer and the laptop have the same version of songshow 8.2 and we have a current license.

George
3/9/2016 8:35:38 AM
The quickest way to do this is simply use the Backup/restore utility in SongShow Plus to backup all SongShow Plus data.

This can be found from the main tool bar - Tools > Backup / Restore...

This tool allows you to do a complete or selective backup of the data used for SongShow Plus.

gatewaycrc
4/14/2016 11:37:06 AM
thanks! Will be trying it out this week

osborn4
5/6/2016 11:03:39 AM
I do a package to go to the network share drive and to the google drive. That backs up everything you need for that program.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙