Version 8.0 > Initial observations

mfalk57
1/6/2014 11:45:29 AM
A few initial observations:

1) The program panel does not properly display the first line of text.  V1a & V1b for example show the same text for both when V1b should be something different.

2) Powerpoint is not playing nice with SongShow.  I need to convert all Powerpoint presentations to a SlideBuilder file in order for them to work.  I do not seem to have consistent control of my Powerpoint when I'm trying to control it in SongShow.

3) SlideBuilder announcement timings don't seem to change when I change the timing.  

George
1/8/2014 10:26:22 AM
Thanks for your interest in SSP8.

A few questions on these - per item listed:

Item 1:
You state the program panel is not displaying the text.  It appears that you are using a modified song display.  Is that the case or have you saved song parts 1a and 1b separately?

What song is this?

What "Display Lyrics" option do you have selected?

Item 2:
We have seen some bad behavior with PPT 2010 (not sure about 2007) but it is resolved with PPT 2013.  We are investigating.

Please confirm what version of PPT you are using.

Item 3:
Can you elaborate on this setting change?    Please compare this to the SSP 7 function and explain the steps and your expected behavior.

Where are you changing the settings?

Is this in the settings of SlideShow Builder or in on (or more) of the stepped builders?

In all of these cases, specific steps to reproduce what you are seeing is always helpful.

mfalk57
1/8/2014 10:53:42 AM
Item 1 - Program panel not displaying correct text

Songs are set to display Page by Page.  In the program panel, the first line is displayed for each "page" in a song when you expand the song display.  If there is more than one page in a verse for example, the expanded list shows V1, V1b, V1c, etc...  The text should show the first line of V1, V1b, V1c, etc...  Instead, it shows the same V1 text for V1, V1b and V1c.  Make sense?  This is occurring for every song.

Item 2 - PowerPoint misbehavior

We are using Powerpoint 2010.

Item 3 - Slide Show Timing issue in Slide Builder

After looking at my options more closely, I think I have this one figured out.  I did not have all the options set correctly.

George
1/9/2014 9:07:47 AM
The first item is present in the posted build (11/13/13) but has been addressed in our interim builds.  It will be available at some point.

The second item is still under investigation.  At least you confirmed that you have the suspect version of PPT.

The third item appears to be a non-issue.

Thanks for your input and interest in SSP 8.

Let us know if you run into other issues.

George
1/17/2014 2:48:54 PM
This PPT 2010 issue should be resolved with the 1/15/2014 build.

Download and install the new package and re-activate.

Your other issues should be resolved as well.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙