Tips & Tricks > stretching images

osborn4
11/24/2011 10:34:30 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving holiday. At least the SSPlashers here in the USA.

In order to enjoy the rest of my holiday weekend, I'm trying to get some of this out of the way.

So, if anyone can put down their drumstick long enough, is there any way to stretch an image that I insert into a slide show as an item on the slide. In other words, make the resizing non-proportional.

I've got a white smudge PNG that I want to put behind my scriptures. I would like to be able to stretch it height-wise, while keeping the width the same. I'd really like to not have to make multiple smudges.

Thanks.

akins
11/24/2011 11:56:06 AM
I just add a shape, then in properties put the image in as the fill, turn background color to transparent, the stretch the box as desired. I usually will add edge blend so that it doesn't look to abrupt. Also move the box back behind the text.

osborn4
11/24/2011 12:19:24 PM
BRILLIANT! Works great!

Thanks much.

George
11/28/2011 8:29:47 AM
You could also use the sizing options in the image edit menu.

Add an image object to the slide then open the edit menu by selecting and right-clicking on the image.  Once in edit mode, right-click again and select Sizing from the menu.  The Stretch/Shrink option should get you the look you are after.  It will fit to the image frame so adjust that as needed.

osborn4
11/28/2011 8:50:37 AM
I'll take a look. I didn't see that before.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙